The Wife

mowen

I bought muzzle last year, crossbow this year. Wife said I don't want you going everyday you have off. Spend time with me! I didn't go today, wife got drunk last night, she's still sleeping. I could have already been back after trying to get my first bow kill. Ugh. Good luck to everyone else today and going forward.

cecil30-30

Wife needs to realize you only get to deer hunt so much out if the year. Ans you and her have the reast of the year to spend time together. Or thats how I view it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JCDEERMAN

:rotf:

I know the feeling. When I'm home on a Saturday, she can't get ready to leave the house before 11am. When I go hunting and try to make it back in time for lunch, she's ready by 9am. She does it just to make a "statement"

CATCHDAWG

cecil30-30":19qbdn4u said:
Wife needs to realize you only get to deer hunt so much out if the year. Ans you and her have the reast of the year to spend time together. Or thats how I view it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Normally I would agree with this except I fish the rest of the year... :tu:

rmmonty32

I am blessed with a very understanding woman. She never gives me a hard time. Unless I say I'm going to be back at a certain time and dont and dont call. Like tonight.

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

tree_ghost

rmmonty32":31a47yke said:
I am blessed with a very understanding woman. She never gives me a hard time. Unless I say I'm going to be back at a certain time and dont and dont call. Like tonight.

I'm in the same boat. We didn't always have this understanding, but over time she came to my side of the fence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rem270

Stories like this make me appreciate mine for sure! She's never complained one time about me hunting. And I'm gone a lot now that I've moved off from my main property.

Like others said, give her a bottle and go the next morning :D

Specializedjon

This is perfect! I think we're all married to the same woman in one form or fashion. Some of you guys have "Super Wives" that actually hunt with you...me, not so much. I sat there Saturday morning drinking coffee with her, looking out the window..."this is the perfect morning to be in a tree...." (sip)..."man...I bet there are a lot of guys in trees right now"....and so on haha. I then I got on the mower and that was that.

rmmonty32

Specializedjon":1h2f2ib3 said:
This is perfect! I think we're all married to the same woman in one form or fashion. Some of you guys have "Super Wives" that actually hunt with you...me, not so much. I sat there Saturday morning drinking coffee with her, looking out the window..."this is the perfect morning to be in a tree...." (sip)..."man...I bet there are a lot of guys in trees right now"....and so on haha. I then I got on the mower and that was that.
My wife did say Sunday afternoon "I hate to rain on your parade and hate to bring this up but was wondering when do you plan to mow next" lol actual quote

rmmonty32

rmmonty32":3somzh8a said:
Specializedjon":3somzh8a said:
My wife did say Sunday afternoon "I hate to rain on your parade and hate to bring this up but was wondering when do you plan to mow next" lol actual quote

And to be fair she was very nice about it and I have let it go a lil too long

rtaylor

Dang I feel for you guys. I don't get any grief but it probably helps that I am taking the kids and she gets to actually sleep in 1 day per week. When we were dating I told her that hunting and fishing is what I do. I'll never hunt or fish less no matter the circumstances. I said if you have a problem with that we need to end this now and 15 years later she still hasn't given me any lip about it. That being said she is always my priority over hunting and fishing and she knows it.

Specializedjon

rtaylor":3g7lz0o6 said:
Dang I feel for you guys. I don't get any grief but it probably helps that I am taking the kids and she gets to actually sleep in 1 day per week. When we were dating I told her that hunting and fishing is what I do. I'll never hunt or fish less no matter the circumstances. I said if you have a problem with that we need to end this now and 15 years later she still hasn't given me any lip about it. That being said she is always my priority over hunting and fishing and she knows it.

We've got a 18 month daughter. I've offered to take her in the chest rig (Baby Bijorn?) with me hunting. I'm not sure how stealthy we'd be :lol: They grow up fast as we all know, so quality time with both of them is priceless.

But MAN...that would'a been fun to hunt that snap.

JeepKuntry

I do get the occasional push back on hunting. For the most part she's understanding that I would rather chase deer or fish than hit any bar or chase any other woman. 1 is more than enough! It's tough when you have younger kids and when somebody is gone the other takes on more responsibility. But that's only a few short years.

Latest posts