THE TN AG FILES SUIT AGAINST NCAA

PillsburyDoughboy

NCAA 'misreads' Tennessee NIL law

In the NCAA's opposition response Saturday, it states the two states did not provide evidence of how NIL rules impact athletes or irreparable harm. The attorneys general responded Sunday, making clear the irreparable harm that high school recruits face by not knowing their true NIL value while being forced to make commitment decisions.

"Every day that passes once the signing period opens would impose further irreparable harm on recruits who face mounting pressure to commit as available scholarships disappear and roster spots fill up during an ever-shrinking window," the response reads.

"The NIL-recruiting ban injures athletes, in both Virginia and Tennessee, by artificially deflating their value in the marketplace.

Sounds like tn and Virginia needs to conform its NIL law to NCAA standards rather than try and gaining some sort of value in the marketplace. Probably in part whats landing them in hot water with the NCAA right now.

But the vols have a long standing history of "Cheating Culture" at tn documented in the last go round of NCAA violations under AD fulmer . So there is that.

Last edited:

chris1976

In the NCAA's opposition response Saturday, it states the two states did not provide evidence of how NIL rules impact athletes or irreparable harm. The attorneys general responded Sunday, making clear the irreparable harm that high school recruits face by not knowing their true NIL value while being forced to make commitment decisions.

"Every day that passes once the signing period opens would impose further irreparable harm on recruits who face mounting pressure to commit as available scholarships disappear and roster spots fill up during an ever-shrinking window," the response reads.

"The NIL-recruiting ban injures athletes, in both Virginia and Tennessee, by artificially deflating their value in the marketplace.

Sounds like tn and Virginia needs to conform its NIL law to NCAA standards rather than try and gaining some sort of value in the marketplace. Probably in part whats landing them in hot water with the NCAA right now.

But the vols have a long standing history of "Cheating Culture" at tn documented in the last go round of NCAA violations under AD fulmer . So there is that.
No surprise that you would land on the side of liberal communist.

PillsburyDoughboy

No surprise that you would land on the side of liberal communist.
While I do belive that there needs to be some reform in the NCAA I do not think we need to take some sort of knee jerk reaction and throw the baby out with the bath water over the fact "some" schools can't seem to read the rules and abide by them.

deerfanatic

Did you even think about what you read before you tried to put your anti TN twist to it? The states (not the schools) are arguing that commuting to a school and not knowing your actual NIL free market value that you would gain by being able to discuss it with prospective employers (collectives) is not fair to any athlete in the state. That's the NCAA colluding to not athletes make all they can. That's exactly what the Sherman act says is illegal. Colluding to keep someone from making all they can. I know you love to slander UT but this is a state case and not the schools going after the NCAA. Just in November the NCAA president said there aren't any real rules to nil. If there are no rules how has anyone broken any? He's trying to use rules that were in effect before the Supreme Court ruled NIL legal and told the NCAA to pound sand. Tn and virgina do not need to conform state laws to an organization like the NCAA's rules. The NCAA does not supersede and tell the state what their laws should be. Also what UT's past is or isn't has no bearing on this lawsuit since it's a state case against the NCAA. The NCAA started arguing saying they were trying to make sure athletes weren't taken advantage of and protect them and it was immediately pointed out to the scotus that NCAA was profiting off of them and the athletes weren't making anything. That was what got them the first time they got beaten in court that made nil legal. Now they want to argue that nil is letting the more rich schools but all the better athletes but the numbers say 5 star recruits are dispersing to more schools than ever. The NCAA is fighting for their life and they may survive this butheir Tzar like powers are about to be greatly diminished. You like to pot stir and I get it but you'd be much better off to actually understand what all of this is truly over instead of giving ridiculous and ill formed opinions trying to fit your narrative https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pr...ion-right-now-there-are-no-rules-198217285577

Attachments

• 67296B28-24E8-498A-8628-5B7D34DE1BD5.jpeg
    67296B28-24E8-498A-8628-5B7D34DE1BD5.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 3

deerfanatic

Attachments

• 9A51EE58-8CBD-4049-BDCB-3639D9E490BA.jpeg
    9A51EE58-8CBD-4049-BDCB-3639D9E490BA.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 24

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
While I do belive that there needs to be some reform in the NCAA I do not think we need to take some sort of knee jerk reaction and throw the baby out with the bath water over the fact "some" schools can't seem to read the rules and abide by them.
NCAA president Charlie Baker in an interview in dec of 23 basically said as far as the ncaa and the NIL , There are no rules as of yet and we haven't done a good job in establishing rules.

Rabbitkil

I've been on this forum for 20 or more years and in all that time I don't remember reading any single persons posts and just getting pissed because if the ignorance and stupidity in their posts .. I normally skip over your posts because if it but you are a bigger damn fool than any Biden supporter if you truly believe Saban won as much as he did without ever violating a single damn rule

I may end up blocking someone for the first time ever

bowhunterfanatic

Spurhunter

Did you even think about what you read
You already know this, but you are dealing with a world class moron here. If there were Moron Olympics his trailer would be full of gold medals. He barely has the ability to think. You can tell by his writing that he reads at an elementary school level. He may be the only person on TNDeer with an IQ lower than his shoe size. You are effectively trying to teach Calculus to a 1st grader.

you'd be much better off to actually understand what all of this is truly over
This idiot doesn't understand Blue's Clues and you want him to understand a complex legal case? Good luck with that. You are trying to educate a true mental midget. If a person's height was proportional to his IQ this clown could parachute off a dime.

giving ridiculous and ill formed opinions
He's been doing that here for over 10 years now. He won't stop. There are such things as smart-stupid people. They are juuuuust smart enough to know they are stupid, so they keep their mouths shut hoping nobody will notice. Then there are top shelf, Grade A imbeciles like this buffoon. They are the stupid-stupid people. They are so stupid that they don't even realize it, so they go out into the world everyday proving it to everyone they encounter. He just can't help himself.

deerfanatic

You already know this, but you are dealing with a world class moron here. If there were Moron Olympics his trailer would be full of gold medals. He barely has the ability to think. You can tell by his writing that he reads at an elementary school level. He may be the only person on TNDeer with an IQ lower than his shoe size. You are effectively trying to teach Calculus to a 1st grader.

This idiot doesn't understand Blue's Clues and you want him to understand a complex legal case? Good luck with that. You are trying to educate a true mental midget. If a person's height was proportional to his IQ this clown could parachute off a dime.

He's been doing that here for over 10 years now. He won't stop. There are such things as smart-stupid people. They are juuuuust smart enough to know they are stupid, so they keep their mouths shut hoping nobody will notice. Then there are top shelf, Grade A imbeciles like this buffoon. They are the stupid-stupid people. They are so stupid that they don't even realize it, so they go out into the world everyday proving it to everyone they encounter. He just can't help himself.
Oh I know. I've been on this site mostly lurking for over 20 years. I've read his stuff and sometimes I can't help myself but to correct him and call him out

Spurhunter

Oh I know. I've been on this site mostly lurking for over 20 years. I've read his stuff and sometimes I can't help myself but to correct him and call him out
It's hard not to, even if it's a monumental waste of time. He still wonders why ships don't sail off the earth and what stops the water from falling off the edges.

cbhunter

Yall need a cheese plate to go with that Whine ?

Geeze never heard so much crying.
In my best "mortal combat" voice

FLAWLESS VICTORY

PillsburyDoughboy

Attachments

• 3mf3sn.jpg
    3mf3sn.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts