NCAA

Bamamonts

What would happen if the NCAA was disbanded? Would the conferences police the schools. Would all the conferences have the same rules? Just wondering y'all's opinion on it. I'm looking for open conversation about it. Not like the other thread. šŸ˜‚

Bamamonts

I think you will see the big dog schools from the major conferences band together in a super conference and negotiate TV rights from there.

I don't particularly like it, but after the 9-0 USSC ruling that's where we are.
So all the big schools in one conference?

bowhunterfanatic

Unfortunately, that's the way I see it going. Probably N,S,E,W divisions and their own NC.
Exactly what I see happening as well. This will only pertain to football though. I think the NCAA will remain in charge of all the other sports.

With all the conference realignment garbage that has occurred this is really the only way forward that makes sense. It's crazy to think about men's and women's teams in the smaller, non-revenue sports traveling across the country to play just because their football team changed conferences. It's a MASSIVE waste of money.

deerfanatic

What would happen if the NCAA was disbanded? Would the conferences police the schools. Would all the conferences have the same rules? Just wondering y'all's opinion on it. I'm looking for open conversation about it. Not like the other thread. šŸ˜‚
My personal opinion is the schools will have to consider the athletes as employees of the school and offer them a contract with collective bargaining and a share of the profits. That's also gonna include the athletes most likely unionizing and a tiered salary structure (salary cap). That's the only way to reign this whole mess in. It's gonna be a real version of the nfl minor leagues ran through the schools more or less. We will have the college football league and I don't know about conferences and alignment and all that. Wouldn't surprise me to see 2 super conferences. Like the afc and nfc are in the nfl. If it goes that route I think it will be the sec and the big 10 who make those up. We will all be under the same rules with a league commissioner. A minor league version of the nfl. A player will sign a 4 year contract and have to pay damages to break it which will stop all this transfer portal less for the most part

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
My personal opinion is the schools will have to consider the athletes as employees of the school and offer them a contract with collective bargaining and a share of the profits. That's also gonna include the athletes most likely unionizing and a tiered salary structure (salary cap). That's the only way to reign this whole mess in. It's gonna be a real version of the nfl minor leagues ran through the schools more or less. We will have the college football league and I don't know about conferences and alignment and all that. Wouldn't surprise me to see 2 super conferences. Like the afc and nfc are in the nfl. If it goes that route I think it will be the sec and the big 10 who make those up. We will all be under the same rules with a league commissioner. A minor league version of the nfl. A player will sign a 4 year contract and have to pay damages to break it which will stop all this transfer portal less for the most part

This could well be the outcome.

I haven't thought about it, but do you think Title IX (gender equity) will come into play and have any impact on the future structure? Seems that it doesn't right now but the NIL money currently comes from individuals and collectives who are "separate" from the schools.

deerfanatic

This could well be the outcome.

I haven't thought about it, but do you think Title IX (gender equity) will come into play and have any impact on the future structure? Seems that it doesn't right now but the NIL money currently comes from individuals and collectives who are "separate" from the schools.
I think title 9 is a law we can't get rid of but I can't see how they keep getting so much money off men's football to be frank. You may see schools drop a lot of non revenue sports.

PalsPal

You may see schools drop a lot of non revenue sports.

Not sure what it says about me, but I don't think this would be a bad thing.

In a lot of the sports, men and women, the college teams are made up of mostly foreign players. And even if they are citizens, what does it benefit a school to have these teams? Why should these players get scholarship money for playing these sports?

deerfanatic

Not sure what it says about me, but I don't think this would be a bad thing.

In a lot of the sports, men and women, the college teams are made up of mostly foreign players. And even if they are citizens, what does it benefit a school to have these teams? Why should these players get scholarship money for playing these sports?
I'm good with that too. I don't think anyone much cares about lacrosse or most of the track and field events and things like that. For me it's men's baseball, football and men's basketball. I look at it like this and I have two daughters and know this won't be popular but like the wnba. Those ladies are really complaining about their pay compared to nba players. Their sport brings in nowhere near the same anoint so they shouldn't get paid as much. It's no different than at a company. If your division is losing money and lot criticalā€¦.they do away with it

Latest posts