THE TN AG FILES SUIT AGAINST NCAA

RoyalPrudent

I know there's already a thread going, but this is a new development. Looks like the whole state is ready to fight the NCAA.

Remington700

IMG_5506.jpeg

prstide

If what is being reported truly is the issue being investigated, what TN did was not permissible long before NIL was a thing. They just got caught and are trying to play the game since there has been a Supreme Court ruling on NIL they think they can tag along with. It might work.🤷🏻‍♂️

deerfanatic

You guys thinking TN is on the wrong side of this really need to do some research and take your rival hating glasses off. Almost every national sports guy is saying TN is in the right and every school that's a NCAA member should be behind TN and join the suit. The NCAA is trying to use a rule they enacted retroactively against a school. They are making and changing rules on the fly. Yes it was against the rules to fly athletes with booster jets to induce an athlete to sign with a school before NIL. That's not what happened in this case. Nico was flown by the collective to the collective to discuss a contract to sign with them. It's also clearly spelled out in the contract that this is not pay for play. The NCAA was told by the scotus they could not stop athletes from earning money outside of school using nil specifically. The NCAA is attempting to do just that. It's a corrupt antiquated organization that is mad they aren't getting a slice of the pie and are trying to make rules and ways to do exactly that. Go watch josh pate. He spells it out for you. The NCAA is the coyote in the neighborhood who randomly got the neighbors dog or cat. You say you hate that cat or dog cat anyway and good riddance but the coyote is who you need to be getting rid of because next time they may decide to get your pet by in this case changing or making a new rule. Pate is not a TN fan btw. He is an UGA fan. You may hate TN but they aren't the bad guys in this. Also look at how it played out. The NCAA leaked out yesterday they are investigating through SI and the NYT. We find out later plowman sent a scathing letter to the ncaa Monday. TN releases the letter as soon as they see that report leaked. The very next day the lawsuit is filed. That suit wasn't prepared overnight. It's been in the works for weeks. TN is 3 steps ahead on all of this so far. The NCAA is the bully who realizes he's losing a fight and is winding up to throw a haymaker and got busted in the nose before he could throw it. This is the knife to the NCAA's throat. Most legal national experts have said the NCAA will lose and have no chance legally on this. This is Plowman and TN with the dagger about to shove it in the NCAA's back. They legally get told they can't govern nil or penalize for it like they almost for sure will then they have no form to control it and it's the death knell for them on enforcing much of anything. They have chose to get mortally wounded on this hill. Schools aren't scared of the boogeyman anymore

uncle_loue

couple of thoughts:

1. its not just UT. the ncaa served notice to multiple schools. ut simply the first to publicly tell the ncaa to shove it- as they should.

2. wise fans of other programs are rooting for UT to win this because any power 5 program that has facilitated any NIL deal up to this point will ultimately face the same issue. thats why the state of virginia has already joined the state of tennessee in their federal lawsuit against the ncaa.

bama fans can point and laugh all they want but the fact of the matter is its not a question of if the NCAA is going to come after your school, its when and that's why rational people in positions of authority in other states are rallying around Tennessee. if the shoe were on the other foot I'd be rooting for Bama to thrash the ncaa while simultaneously hoping they lose every football game they play - that's rational fandom.

Spurhunter

2. wise fans of other programs are rooting for UT to win this because any power 5 program that has facilitated any NIL deal up to this point will ultimately face the same issue.
Which is exactly why Pillsbury Doofus is hoping Tennessee gets the death penalty. He's anything but wise. Actually the polar opposite of wise. If his height matched his brains he'd be so short he could parachute off a dime.

bowhunterfanatic

Let's be real here…. They muddied the waters when they allowed the NIL to begin with. Either allow them to be paid or don't.
Correct. The NCAA reminds me a lot of our gov't with their level of incompetence and reactive nature. How they ever thought they could let kids be paid (and I'm 10,000% for it) but it not be used as a recruiting tool is beyond me. Hel*, it was already being used as a recruiting tool before they legalized it.

Bamamonts

if the shoe were on the other foot I'd be rooting for Bama to thrash the ncaa while simultaneously hoping they lose every football game they play - that's rational fandom.
Those are my thoughts. I want Bama to beat Tennessee with their star QB not because their star QB is out. I remember how it feels to be screwed by the ncaa but I also do t remember many Tennessee fans complaining about it. 😂

deerfanatic

Let's be real here…. They muddied the waters when they allowed the NIL to begin with. Either allow them to be paid or don't.
They didn't "allow" nil. The scotus made it legal. Pandora's box has been opened and that part of it will never be legally shut again. As a capitalist I don't think they should have ever been not allowed to aloe all they want outside of school as long as they aren't using the school to make it. That's exactly what the scotus said too. We don't stop you from making money on any side jobs. These are legally grown adults. They shouldn't be restricted either.

Latest posts