SW TN rut

Spurhunter

What's everyone seeing in SW TN? It's been so warm and the crappie have been on fire, so I haven't been in the stand yet. Just a couple trips to move cameras. I'm off the next 9 days and will be hunting hard in Fayette County.

Boll Weevil

Southern Hardeman county it's just getting going. Lots of scrapes being worked and young bucks were pestering does all weekend and into early this week. My guess is the first does have indeed come in so your timing is likely spot on. On my farm the first full week of Dec is generally wide open. I'm back into the office a few days then right back at it.

Spurhunter

Southern Hardeman county it's just getting going. Lots of scrapes being worked and young bucks were pestering does all weekend and into early this week. My guess is the first does have indeed come in so your timing is likely spot on. On my farm the first full week of Dec is generally wide open. I'm back into the office a few days then right back at it.
Thank you sir! The last week of November is usually my favorite week and we got a cold front coming. Should be fun.

gatodoc

Got this guy this morning near Rossville.....Rut has started..

Attachments

• 7F454D05-AD3F-4111-9856-7EAF9668FC88.jpeg
    7F454D05-AD3F-4111-9856-7EAF9668FC88.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 150

swd

I've heard there's chasing and tail grabbing going on all week, but I have not seen it. What I have seen is empty food plots with lone young bucks cruising around.

Bushape

Hunting extreme southern Wayne county. Saw 10 deer yesterday morning and just one lone spike. If any does are in heat we haven't seen much sign of it yet. Most bucks killed or seen have been by themselves so far.

spoon

Mature bucks still alone, 3.5 yo are now looking hard. Believe next week will bust wide open in daylight with cold temps moving in

Boll Weevil

Bringing this thread back up. In my area it's time for the all day sits and the cold should really help encourage the deer to stay on their feet during daylight. Who's been hunting and what are you seeing? County?

Madbowh

Cumberland County. Single does and groups no bucks yet but only first day in Catoosa today. Did see one doe run by me would've thought something was coming behind her but nothing, she wasn't at a full sprint tail down.

Bushape

Bringing this thread back up. In my area it's time for the all day sits and the cold should really help encourage the deer to stay on their feet during daylight. Who's been hunting and what are you seeing? County?
Took off tomorrow and Monday so hoping they get to moving here pretty soon. Have to take kids to school in the morning but with any luck the rain will be ending in the morning as I'm getting ready to hit the woods in Wayne Co. Got a good feeling as this 12 hour rain period will maybe keep em bedded through the night.

swd

Somebody's been killing deer around here. Two of our local processors stopped taking deer for several days to catch up. I will be out tomorrow. Here's hoping!

Spurhunter

BTT for updates. Hickory Withe area. Scrapes opened back up all over the place. Saw 2 good chases last week and another member killed a decent 8 Saturday morning that was chasing a doe. I haven't seen what I would call peak rut activity unless I missed it over the last 6 days hunting MS and working.

Boll Weevil

Passed a deer I probably should have killed about 230p Sunday afternoon. He was following a doe along a cut beanfield, we only 5.5+ bucks, and I wasn't 100% certain. After reviewing some pics though, he looked to be old enough. They're definitely on the move right now.

Latest posts