Food Plots Sunflowers 2023

Redfox

I planted the armor 21 last year and liked them. I also got the 17 this year (not intentionally) and the maturity date online doesn't match the information on the bags. Guess we shall see in a couple months.

Bgoodman30

Planted on May 5
16,000 seed per acre. 75 and 85 day maturity seed mixture.
11 ounces of Zidua per acre
24 ounces generic Duel per acre
42 ounces of Gramoxone per acre
2 ounces insecticide per acre.

Should have a stand tomorrow or Saturday.

This just crested my pay grade... Unfortunately we haven't even been able to spray yet due to it being too wet. Its a bottom field and there was standing water this weekend... Kind of having some regrets now... We don't hunt until the 2nd weekend so should still be ok..

Chaneylake

4E818ADF-1B50-415E-BD3A-D1E7BFCE5134.jpeg
Awesome. Picture is today. 32 days from planting.
I have 1 field with some chemical damage from a cotton herbicide that was used last year. This chemical requires an 18 month waiting period before basically any crop can be planted other than cotton.

Bgoodman30

IMG_0964.JPEG

My fields a mess again this year. Had very poor germination. Not much rain at planting and tons of rain of late. Even with field burned down to nothing and sprayed post emerg with Beyond still a weedy mess... This may be my last year for sunflowers.. Its just too much to control weeds in this field. My plan is to spray everything ASAP and start burning it before I top sow wheat.

The good new is the flowers that did make are doing excellent. We have some absolute blue ribbon dinner plates out there. This picture was from yesterday. How soon can I spray these? The seeds are certainly not dry yet.

Latest posts