Summer sausage

Forvols

Great job!!!

Yep been making various stuffed sausages and snack sticks awhile. A dedicated stuffer is your friend, I wouldnt get any bigger than a 7lb stuffer. I had an 11lb one for a few years and used it. But more cumbersome and most of my batches were and have been in 10-5lb range. So I got a 7lb one. ALso most all your 5lbs ones dont really hold a 5lb batch. 7lb to me is the sweet spot, unless you just know you will always be making greater than 10lb batches.

Jcalder

Great job!!!

Yep been making various stuffed sausages and snack sticks awhile. A dedicated stuffer is your friend, I wouldnt get any bigger than a 7lb stuffer. I had an 11lb one for a few years and used it. But more cumbersome and most of my batches were and have been in 10-5lb range. So I got a 7lb one. ALso most all your 5lbs ones dont really hold a 5lb batch. 7lb to me is the sweet spot, unless you just know you will always be making greater than 10lb batches.
Got a stuffer you'd recommend.

Forvols

I have a weston 7lb. I like weston, but the LEMs very good also. Make sure you get metal gears cause stuffing 21mm, 19mm and 17mm casing wear on plastic gears. For summer sausage and 31-33mm Braut size casings plastic gears work fine for awhile. Buy once cry once

They spendy but pay for themselves in less aggravation and consistent stuffing.

ETA: I dont have a LEM stuffer but looking the throat at the end of the hopper I think it might leave less in the hopper than my Weston does. My Weston will clear out the hopper but due to throat design down to the stuffer horn it will leave .5lb of meat. I dont think there is any stuffer that will completely clear out the hopper and stuffing horn.

TAFKAP

I have an LEM 5lb stuffer, and there is very little remaining at the bottom when the piston compresses all the way down. That was the reason I got it was it specifically advertised the least amount of waste. Plus it's easy to use and easy to clean. Very efficient gearing

Jcalder

I have an LEM 5lb stuffer, and there is very little remaining at the bottom when the piston compresses all the way down. That was the reason I got it was it specifically advertised the least amount of waste. Plus it's easy to use and easy to clean. Very efficient gearing
Thanks for that info.

TAFKAP

I would also recommend a 7-lb stuffer. Lots of batches may exceed 5 lbs, so it's a bit of a pain to get most of the way through the hopper, only to realize you have a small remainder left.