Stink Bugs in my Garden

BamaProud

I think they are "stink bugs" anyway. Whatever they are, they killed my Squash and I am afraid they might get my tomatoes next. I put out 7-dust, will that kill them?
20150707_091022_zpsava9dvmy.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

ADR

7 dust will kill them but it's hard to get to where they live. They like under the leaves and stems. They won't bother the tomato plants to my knowledge.

Once established they are hard to get rid of. Make sure to plant your squash in a different area next year. For a great preventative I make an organic mix of hot sauce, garlic, dab of dawn q.s. To a gallon of water and put on a hand held yard sprayer. Can spray everything in the garden with it, including corn silks.

BamaProud

Thanks, I pulled all of my Squash vines this morning and threw them in a dumpster. ...we were tiring of squash anyway. Hopefully that and the dust will help. I think I mixed up your hot sauce last year...I have plenty of ground Habanero from last year. I may give that a try.

BlountArrow

I always have a lot of these squash bugs in my garden around and on my squash plants but I wonder if that is really what killed your squash plants.
I just wonder if maybe a vine borer has hit you. It sounds like it's too late, but the next one you have that dies take the stalk and split it open and see if there is a grub-like larva inside.

Dodge Man

Malathion in a spray jug is the best thing I have found to kill them. Spray all along the stem and base of the pant. If you see a bug try your best to knock it off and kill it. Watch on the leaves of the plant. You will see small clusters of brown eggs, this is the eggs of these bugs. Either spray them with the malathion or pull that small part of the leaf off.

Latest posts