Steak marinade

TAFKAP

Dodge Man said:
Dose anybody got a good recipe for a steak marinade?

I don't like to marinade steaks. I dry them for a day in the fridge, then let it sit on the counter for a good couple hours before I grill it. While it sits, I generously salt & pepper it, then add garlic & onion powders, and some Penzey's "Mural of Flavors". Maybe a light rub of olive oil, as well. But that's about it. No liquid marinades for me.

TCounty Hunter

I used to marinade all the time. Dont anymore, you can make the best steak you ever ate with a few items. I rub on some olive oil to both sides and mix together a rub and sprinkle on. I just eyeball it, but it comes out to roughly this
tsp. kosher salt
tsp. black pepper
tsp. oregano
tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Mix it up and sprinkle on how much you want to each side.

Its like hot monkey love!

I have been known to mix the oil with the spices and throw in some balsamic vinegar to. Darn good, just brush it on.

Redfred16

TCounty Hunter said:
I used to marinade all the time. Dont anymore, you can make the best steak you ever ate with a few items. I rub on some olive oil to both sides and mix together a rub and sprinkle on. I just eyeball it, but it comes out to roughly this
tsp. kosher salt
tsp. black pepper
tsp. oregano
tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Mix it up and sprinkle on how much you want to each side.

Its like hot monkey love!

I have been known to mix the oil with the spices and throw in some balsamic vinegar to. Darn good, just brush it on.

I do close to the same thing with balsamic on flank steaks. Just grill hot and fast then slice against the grain. Makes that tough piece of meat so very good.