Steak marinade

TAFKAP

Dodge Man said:
Dose anybody got a good recipe for a steak marinade?

I don't like to marinade steaks. I dry them for a day in the fridge, then let it sit on the counter for a good couple hours before I grill it. While it sits, I generously salt & pepper it, then add garlic & onion powders, and some Penzey's "Mural of Flavors". Maybe a light rub of olive oil, as well. But that's about it. No liquid marinades for me.

TCounty Hunter

I used to marinade all the time. Dont anymore, you can make the best steak you ever ate with a few items. I rub on some olive oil to both sides and mix together a rub and sprinkle on. I just eyeball it, but it comes out to roughly this
tsp. kosher salt
tsp. black pepper
tsp. oregano
tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Mix it up and sprinkle on how much you want to each side.

Its like hot monkey love!

I have been known to mix the oil with the spices and throw in some balsamic vinegar to. Darn good, just brush it on.

Redfred16

TCounty Hunter said:
I used to marinade all the time. Dont anymore, you can make the best steak you ever ate with a few items. I rub on some olive oil to both sides and mix together a rub and sprinkle on. I just eyeball it, but it comes out to roughly this
tsp. kosher salt
tsp. black pepper
tsp. oregano
tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Mix it up and sprinkle on how much you want to each side.

Its like hot monkey love!

I have been known to mix the oil with the spices and throw in some balsamic vinegar to. Darn good, just brush it on.

I do close to the same thing with balsamic on flank steaks. Just grill hot and fast then slice against the grain. Makes that tough piece of meat so very good.

Latest posts