South Cherokee Find

Biggun4214

If you report it twra may take it. I found a nice 10pt dead once. I did what i thought I was supposed to do and reported it. The county game warden showed up and took it so it could be tested for ehd. Never did get it back.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk[/quote]

If something happened and he is charged for illegal possession, it could cost him several thousand dollars. The new civil penalties can add up fast.

dburt

Wow, nice catch. What pound test did you use? I keep losing my big bucks - using 16 lb fluorocarbon.

WRbowhunter

Simpleman.2":1i78s16g said:
dhpro":1i78s16g said:
Never heard of deer floating ??? You don't suppose he grabbed his back leg and drowned him ??

Deer float. I've seen it first hand a few years ago when my buddy shot a buck along a river edge and fell in dead. It floated and we had to get in the water to go get it. I also have floated several behind kayaks that I have killed. There's another pic.
cbfaef31d37328cf9df8af092dbd7d88.png

If you look at it's eyes and face you can tell it's been dead for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool find but look at those eyes. Think I would have thrown him back. WINTER IS COMING.

ThorThor

That buck is 6.5 or so I bet, could have fell, drown or is just worn out from the rut, older bucks can literally run themselves into the ground sometimes. An autopsy would interesting on him.... Taxidermist here I come would be my thought, might need a new cape however.

Latest posts