so you can kill an elk?

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled

Incidental Take of Elk

A legal deer hunter may harvest an elk (either sex) incidental to deer hunting on all private and public lands open to deer hunting except for public and private lands located in Anderson, Campbell, Claiborne, Scott, and Morgan counties and except for Big South Fork River and Recreation Area, Scott State Forest, and Obed National Scenic River Corridor. Only one elk per year may be harvested incidental to legal deer hunting. Elk harvested via incidental take must be reported to the TWRA on the day of harvest by calling 1-800-831-1174 to allow physical checking by TWRA personnel.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I'm confused as to why people find this confusing. It seems clear to me. There is no way that I will see an elk on the private land that I deer hunt on but if I did, I'd probably take a shot and I would be perfectly legal. Same for public land that I used to hunt but don't hunt currently.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
It doesn't state that you can "hunt" elk. It says one can be harvested "incidental to deer hunting". IF there is one on the property you deer hunt on and it is outside of the listed restricted areas, you can shoot it while deer hunting but don't bugle it in or whatever else people do to specifically hunt an elk.

Maybe even stalking one would be illegal because at that point you are elk hunting and not deer hunting. I guess squeezing the trigger is harvesting while pretty much everything prior is hunting.

Latest posts