So the beans are turning yellow...

CliffordN

It looks like the deer will be abandoning the beans shortly. I'm hoping that they find some acorns, and I can find the right trees when they do. I'm pretty sure dispersal is coming fast too. Watching two bachelor groups, on a constant feed/bed pattern, has been exciting. But I suspect that will all change right before bow season opens.
The value of cell cameras is becoming very apparent... How many do you run?

Ski

Dispersal has already happened here where I hunt in Coffee County, and began in July on my Ohio property.

I run dozens of cameras on several properties but only one is a cell camera. Got it for Christmas this past year so figured I'd give it a try. I've not had it for a year yet nor have I had it through the rut so jury is still out, but as of right now I doubt I'd ever get another one. I can see why folks like them but the pros don't outweigh the cons for me.

BSK

Haven't checked my cams in a week, but bucks hadn't dispersed at my place as of a week ago.

Because of where/how/why I run cams, cell cams would be of no use to me.

BSK

No yellowing beans in my area. I think they planted most of them late this year. In a lot of the areas I work, the soybeans haven't even bloomed yet.

Andy S.

No yellowing beans in my area. I think they planted most of them late this year. In a lot of the areas I work, the soybeans haven't even bloomed yet.
Ditto for a lot of areas in SW TN, but a few soybean fields have been cut near my house. On a different, but similar note, some guys purposely planted late late beans in small fields so they would be about 6-12" tall for August velvet hunt. Several of these smaller fields with new growth short beans produced great bucks last month.

CrossVolle

Had had 95% does in my cell cam in Ohio until the last 3 days and have had 2 bucks 4.5 or better come by.

Latest posts