Deer Eating Locust Beans

Ski

One of the most consistently busy spots I've got right now. Deer hitting it night & day. There's a couple locusts dropping pods and they're all over them. Couldn't figure out why they were hanging out in a tiny thicket so I set up a camera and immediately figured it out. I've always known they eat locust but never knew they'd leave cut corn fields to do so.

Volbuck777

Killed one of my best deer because I found out they were eating locust pods in a thicket. Set stand and cam on it and my first hunt I watched four different bucks using it. It's not what most would consider a place to hunt deer but it's a honey hole given the right time of year when deer get pressured.

Snake

Deer and I've said it before is just a pretty goat ! I seen a yearling once in Lewis Co . pick up a dried twig eat the dried brown leaves then eat the twig limbs . Anything that a deer can get some energy from it will eat . I know this is illegal but I didn't do it but a friend's son was in Cades Cove eating lunch and he threw a piece of fried chicken to a deer who gobbled it up . So a deer is not a vegan 😏 I killed a decent six point on public many years ago here in McMinn and after gutting I back then would always cut open the stomachto see what the deer had been eating . The buck was full of Dogwood berries, I didn't think they would eat those.

BSK

Deer and I've said it before is just a pretty goat ! I seen a yearling once in Lewis Co . pick up a dried twig eat the dried brown leaves then eat the twig limbs . Anything that a deer can get some energy from it will eat . I know this is illegal but I didn't do it but a friend's son was in Cades Cove eating lunch and he threw a piece of fried chicken to a deer who gobbled it up . So a deer is not a vegan 😏
Deer have been documented eating fish, quail eggs, dead porcupines and a number of other meat sources.

Bodine270

Saw a video of a doe eating a baby bird from a nest once too. It was on the internet… so that guarantees authenticity.

Latest posts