Deer disappear

huvrman

It happens pretty often to me. This buck had been regular on cam as a 10pt since 2019. But in 2021 he flat disappeared on Halloween. He was on cam from 830am until around 930pm somewhere on the property, which wasn't abnormal for him. My place was inside his fall core. But I didn't see him again until November 6th 2022, a year & a week after he disappeared. His rack didn't change much but he had an old arrow wound with entry in left shoulder and exit behind and below right shoulder, as you can see in middle two pics. Apparently somebody shot him and somehow he hid for an entire year to heal up. My place is surrounded three sides by 10,000 acre state forest public hunting and the state had made a 100 acre clear cut around 6-8yrs prior just a couple hundred yards off my line. I suspect that's where he disappeared to. Either way I was happy to see him back. He was comfortable on my place and was all over it all times a day and I arrowed him from the ground on November 11th. Both bases measured over 6" and last circumference measurements were still 4.5".

View attachment 210633View attachment 210635View attachment 210636View attachment 210637
Amazing how tough they are. And still out there doing his thing. Looks like whoever shot him was right over that deer. Had to be a close shot based on the angle of that shot. He/she must have been heartbroken to not find that deer.

Ski

Amazing how tough they are. And still out there doing his thing. Looks like whoever shot him was right over that deer. Had to be a close shot based on the angle of that shot. He/she must have been heartbroken to not find that deer.

Yeah no doubt he led someone on a wild goose chase thinking they made a perfect shot. They actually did make an outstanding shot. The deer simply refused to die.

Latest posts