Dwarf deer

CliffordN

I killed one in LA that weighed 72 pounds and had very short legs and a big underbite... That genetic thing is in the piebald range. But, he had a normal coat color except for a different face mask... Very weird looking deer.

44 mag

I killed one in LA that weighed 72 pounds and had very short legs and a big underbite... That genetic thing is in the piebald range. But, he had a normal coat color except for a different face mask... Very weird looking deer.
Speaking of coat color is it just me or does the deer in that article look to be very dark. Maybe a reverse pie ball if that's even a thing

CliffordN

Speaking of coat color is it just me or does the deer in that article look to be very dark. Maybe a reverse pie ball if that's even a thing
That mask is similar to what I was describing... I found this pic. I was watching a cutover on a NWR, and noticed something moving. Spotted antlers and shot it when it stepped out from behind cover, but noticed it looked funny in the scope... The buck had no white nose ring, and a badly undershot lower jaw... That led me to research what caused it all...

Attachments

• piebaldspike.jpeg
    piebaldspike.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 4

BSK

Piebaldism is linked to many genetic defects, including overbite, dwarfism, roman nose, and a number of other genetic abnormalities. None of them good things.

Biggun4214

I killed a spike on the muzzleloader several years ago. When I first saw it I thought it was a fawn. He had 4" antlers and dressed about 40 lbs.

fairchaser

I was hunting Hatchie Bottoms 30 years ago and saw a herd of tiny deer. There were 8 of them and it was too early for Christmas. At the time, my hunting buddy saw them too so I guess we weren't crazy. I'll never forget that. It's like they escaped from somebody's hobby farm. Weird!

Ski

I was hunting Hatchie Bottoms 30 years ago and saw a herd of tiny deer. There were 8 of them and it was too early for Christmas. At the time, my hunting buddy saw them too so I guess we weren't crazy. I'll never forget that. It's like they escaped from somebody's hobby farm. Weird!

Ha! You must have been in my neck of the woods lol. The oompa loompa deer really do exist. And there's nothing apparent wrong with them. They're just scaled down versions of normal deer.

Latest posts