Side by Side UTV

BSK

Choosing a UTV should really come down to what you want from it. Do you want to haul a lot of stuff and use it for habitat work (a utility-type model), or do you want it for serious off-road use, or do you want a fast "sport" model?

We use ours as a utility vehicle, and for hauling four hunters, gear, and even a deer out. It isn't the fastest, nor the best off-roader, but it is (so far) bullet-proof (not a single problem after 4 years of hard use). We have one of the 4-passenger to 2-passenger conversion Mules (4010 Trans4x4 I believe).

JCDEERMAN

Get one which serves your purpose.

My dad has a Bad Boy Buggie. You can switch it from electric to gas....whichever you want. He has back problems and can't get around like he used to, so my mom got him that. They are pricey though! Quiet and strong. We run the gas most all the time, but use the electric for deer and turkey season (or whenever we are sneaking around). It is very new, so I don't know about its longevity.

Very useful though and I will do my best to have a side by side in the future.

rukiddin

BSK said:
Choosing a UTV should really come down to what you want from it. Do you want to haul a lot of stuff and use it for habitat work (a utility-type model), or do you want it for serious off-road use, or do you want a fast "sport" model?

We use ours as a utility vehicle, and for hauling four hunters, gear, and even a deer out. It isn't the fastest, nor the best off-roader, but it is (so far) bullet-proof (not a single problem after 4 years of hard use). We have one of the 4-passenger to 2-passenger conversion Mules (4010 Trans4x4 I believe).

A friend of mine has one of those he bought for running sporting clays courses. Its not the sportiest looking thing, but for the price and practiblity, I don't think there's a better model out there. Seems like they really thought everything out from a "no wasted space" point of view...I really like how the back seat folds down and everything moves forward. Once you do that, you have more bed space than some small trucks!!

BSK

I've used a bunch of Polaris Rangers. And although I like the way they drive and function (great off-roaders), I've experienced a LOT of reliability problems. Nothing major, just constant little problems that require fixing.

IRISH HUNTER

Thank you.....I will take a look at those you all suggested. I am looking for something to get around the farm on and not have to walk so far. Also to get my salt licks, tree stands to different locations without having to carry them on my shoulders. I thought it would be better to buy one side by side instead of two four wheelers for me and my dad.

bigtex

I had a Polaris Sportsman 500 for many years and never had any problems except replacing the starter. I sold the Sportsman in 2011 and purchased a new Ranger 800. I really liked the looks of the Razr but needed the extra carrying capacity of the Ranger for hauling treestands firewood etc. Since I live on a farm I drive it just about every day, I probably put more miles on mine in a month than the average rider puts on his in a year. Sometimes I work it hard, pulling logs out of the woods, pulling a disc in some of my out of the way food plots, etc.
So far I have yet to have the first problem.

arctic_cat

Depends on what you want out of it. If your going to play in it then you can't go wrong with the RZR, or the Wildcat. If you want to get deer out of the woods and use it for hunting then I would not even think about buying a Ranger. We use them at work and all of them are a P.O.S. I would go with a Arctic Cat or a Rhino. But bottom line you are going to get 1000 different opinions on stuff like this. It's just like buying a new bow or a new car. It's up to you on what you like, what fits you the best. Go drive them all and then decide

cfmartin1833

My dad just bought a Massimo from Tractor Supply. Its the 4X4 with the diff lock and all the works. Very similar to a rhino and cheaper than most of the others. I was skeptical at first, then we took it for a trial run the other day! Im no skeptic now! That sucker is a beast. We ran across a guy with a 4 wheeler broke down at the bottom of a big hill that was no exageration, a little greater than a 45 degree angle for about 40 yards or so. We hooked him up and pulled him straight up the hill with no problem. And you should have seen some of the stuff we took that thing through. I was amazed at what that thing would do, and for much cheaper than alot of the others out there! Its a true work horse!

tellico4x4

We sell accessories for all of them, and I have owned several different brands over the years. Have used them for hard core offroad at mutliple events around the country, to hunting in the mtns of Idaho & Colorado, to the swamps of FL. Currently own a Ranger and it has held up pretty well, although it took the dealership a year and multiple trips back & forth to finally detect a bad throttle body. Purchasing the extended 5 year warranty on it was a very good move. First extended warranty I had ever bought on anything. Bought a new Rhino back in '06 and it blew up 3 mos out of warranty....learned my $2,500 lesson then.

There are 5 times more Google searches performed each month in US for Polaris Ranger Parts & Accessories than any other UTV.
In terms of stuff we sell:
#1 - Ranger
#2 - RZR
#3 - Mule
#4 - Kubota RTV
#5 - Prowler

gator-n-buck

Honda Big Red...... But the one I have is green...

2012-12-02_11-04-20_283.jpg
[/url][/img]

deerhunter10

IMO stay away from Kubota rtv they have zero power. Ranger, rhino, gator, prowler, big red, will be your best bet. Mules aren't bad but it seems like they do have some trouble but for the most part they are ok. Ranger big red rhino you can't go wrong.

Latest posts