Quota hunts from TWRA side

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
I am have complained about how long it takes TWRA to post results after the application deadline. Now that I think about it "I have not walked in the other fellow's shoes." Maybe there are things the public needs to educated about as to why it takes so long to get results. Maybe TWRA could explain to the public what all is involved in the Quota hunt draw.

scn

I am have complained about how long it takes TWRA to post results after the application deadline. Now that I think about it "I have not walked in the other fellow's shoes." Maybe there are things the public needs to educated about as to why it takes so long to get results. Maybe TWRA could explain to the public what all is involved in the Quota hunt draw.
I wasn't involved directly in the process, but saw the folks that were on a daily basis. It is a lot more involved than pushing a button a couple of minutes after the deadline. Here are at least a couple of things that have to be done/checked:

1. Check for multiple applications or being in multiple parties.
2. Do an accounting for all of the application fees.

And, after having a couple of computer issues over the years, they run a couple of check draws to make sure their isn't a glitch where they have to re-draw like they did at least once in the past.

And, unfortunately, they can't really start months earlier because the WMA hunts have to go through the season setting process which really can't start before the conclusion of the previous season for data reasons. That normally isn't completed until late May/early June.

Just rest assured after seeing the stressed look for the quota folks doing the drawing that they aren't sitting around twiddling their thumbs just to make folks wait. They want it done and off of their backs even worse than the hunters do.

scn

This makes me miss quotalady. I'm sure that she's enjoying retirement, but she was always good to explain things like this. Thank you for the tidbits @scn
Unless I somehow missed her retirement (which is entirely possible as I haven't been over there in years), I think she just moved into another position. And, yes, she was SUPER at answering questions.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Unless I somehow missed her retirement (which is entirely possible as I haven't been over there in years), I think she just moved into another position. And, yes, she was SUPER at answering questions.
Well, I must have gotten my information crossed up. Thank you for setting the record straight. I do know that I miss her being in here

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
I wasn't involved directly in the process, but saw the folks that were on a daily basis. It is a lot more involved than pushing a button a couple of minutes after the deadline. Here are at least a couple of things that have to be done/checked:

And, after having a couple of computer issues over the years, they run a couple of check draws to make sure their isn't a glitch where they have to re-draw like they did at least once in the past.

And, unfortunately, they can't really start months earlier because the WMA hunts have to go through the season setting process which really can't start before the conclusion of the previous season for data reasons. That normally isn't completed until late May/early June.

Just rest assured after seeing the stressed look for the quota folks doing the drawing that they aren't sitting around twiddling their thumbs just to make folks wait. They want it done and off of their backs even worse than the hunters do.
Thank you for your explanation.

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled

Thank you for your explanation.

knightrider

I dont buy it for a minute! Every state around us can have me results in less than a week but it takes twra a month, a big deal not really for me, for those needing to take time offf in advance, a royal pain!

Antler Daddy

I applaud the effort and response, but I am not buying the difficulty.

Download data and do the draws.

They money and the entries are tied together. I don't see how that could be an issue. That would be a problem for the third party vendor.

The system has no problem letting me know that my entries are completed once submitted. I cant enter more than allowed. Same thing for the party group...added my kids and you cant over enter.

It has been 2 weeks and 2 more days of work days since the drawing ended.

ROB

I know it's no consolation but, in KY, we can't even apply for KDFWR quota hunts until September and results are never back until the 2nd & sometimes 3rd week of October.

Latest posts