Shotgun Hulls help

EastTNboy

Hey guys I'm wanting to start reloading my own TSS this year and have bought shot but having trouble finding hulls for the few recipes my shot calls for. Can anyone help me out with finding a lead on one of the following hulls. It would be very much appreciated!

20 ga fiocchi 2 3/4 hull

20 ga Fiocchi 3" hull

20 ga 3" cheddite hull

20 ga 3" federal hull
I have recipes for all of these hulls I just need to find some of one of them! Please pm if anyone has any leads!!

Last edited:

Andy S.

None commercially available to my knowledge. You will likely have to buy from an individual that has some stockpiled. I called Fiocchi last week and talked directly to them. They told me they are utilizing all of their hulls themselves to load Fiocchi ammo, thus no surplus of "new empty hulls" to sell to reloaders.

Last edited:

EastTNboy

None commercially available to my knowledge. You will likely have to buy from an individual that has some stockpiled. I called Fiocchi last week and talked directly to them. They told me they are utilizing all of their hulls themselves to load Fiocchi ammo, thus no surflace of "new empty hulls" to sell to reloaders.
Dang. Well if anyone has some to spare it would be greatly appreciated! I of course would pay for them....Really hope I can hunt with my own TSS loads this year if possible.

Southern Sportsman

Hey guys I'm wanting to start reloading my own TSS this year and have bought shot but having trouble finding hulls for the few recipes my shot calls for. Can anyone help me out with finding a lead on one of the following hulls. It would be very much appreciated!

20 ga fiocchi 2 3/4 hull

20 ga big 20xl Fiocchi 3" hull

20 ga big 20CH 3" cheddite hull

20 ga Cheddite hull 3"

20 ga big 20 NC speed 3" federal hull

20 ga XXL Fiocchi 3"

I have recipes for all of these hulls I just need to find some of one of them! Please pm if anyone has any leads!!
You may realize this, but it's a little unclear from your post. Part of what you posted in your list are just the names Hal assigned to various load recipes. For example, the "20 ga XXL" refers to one recipe, the "Big 20 NC Speed" refers to a different recipe. The hulls themselves are just going to be 3" or 2 3/4" hulls manufactured by Federal, Fiocchi, or Cheddite.

Like Andy said, there are none available from normal suppliers right now. And I have heard that Federal is no longer going to sell surplus hulls, so "new primed" federal hulls may be a thing of the past.

Also fyi, if you are lucky enough to find 3" hulls, you can easily trim them to length for use in 2 3/4" recipes. If you find yourself needing to do that, shoot me a message and I'll explain the easy way to do it.

If all else fails, you could probably buy a box of 3" 20 gauge Federal or Fiocchi duck loads, cut the crimp off the top, empty the hull, and trim the empty hulls down to use with 2 3/4" TSS recipes.

EastTNboy

You may realize this, but it's a little unclear from your post. Part of what you posted in your list are just the names Hal assigned to various load recipes. For example, the "20 ga XXL" refers to one recipe, the "Big 20 NC Speed" refers to a different recipe. The hulls themselves are just going to be 3" or 2 3/4" hulls manufactured by Federal, Fiocchi, or Cheddite.

Like Andy said, there are none available from normal suppliers right now. And I have heard that Federal is no longer going to sell surplus hulls, so "new primed" federal hulls may be a thing of the past.

Also fyi, if you are lucky enough to find 3" hulls, you can easily trim them to length for use in 2 3/4" recipes. If you find yourself needing to do that, shoot me a message and I'll explain the easy way to do it.

If all else fails, you could probably buy a box of 3" 20 gauge Federal or Fiocchi duck loads, cut the crimp off the top, empty the hull, and trim the empty hulls down to use with 2 3/4" TSS recipes.
Thank you for the clarification! I actually didn't realize that but thought something was up when I couldn't find all of those specific "models". I do have a box of 20ga steel shot for ducks. I may try cutting the crimp off like you said.

Ranger Scout

20 ga fiocchi 2 3/4 hull

20 ga Fiocchi 3" hull

20 ga 3" cheddite hull

20 ga 3" federal hull
20 gauge cheddite on balistic products bag of 100 primed.

Granddaddy

AA once-fired hulls can be reloaded for just about anything (brass height means nothing for a one-piece formed hull). Most trap & skeet ranges have them. Also most law enforcement ranges sell them too.

Biggun4214

If you know any of the SCTP teams in the area they may be able to get you the 2 3/4 Fiocchi. TWF is selling Fiocchi ammo to the teams.

Ranger Scout

Didn't find any on their web site. Were they 8 or 16 mm brass
1614614485632.png

Southern Sportsman

Was looking for 3" with 16mm brass. Thanks anyway

They have them.

spoon

Attachments

• 587032C7-54B5-463A-AD43-F2BBAD367C62.png
    587032C7-54B5-463A-AD43-F2BBAD367C62.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts