Seed Source

nso123

Where is everyone getting their garden seed? I have used Gurney's, Burpee, along with Ace and Walmart. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking a better source. I have considered the Co-op for this year.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I love RH Shumway for seeds I have trouble finding and old varieties. I get live plants from the amish greenhouses and common seed at Tennessee Farmers coop.
I buy a few seed every year from various catalogs to keep the subscriptions coming. In feb i "winter garden" by flipping thru the catalogs and planning my and others gardens.

TX300mag

Baker Creek far and away has the best selection and for a hobby gardener/homesteader can't be beat. I get the "Whole Seed Catalog" for my wife and kids for Christmas and it's a highlight of their year.

I've bought a lot from Holmes over the years while market gardening as they have a great selection at great prices in volume.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Baker Creek far and away has the best selection and for a hobby gardener/homesteader can't be beat. I get the "Whole Seed Catalog" for my wife and kids for Christmas and it's a highlight of their year.

I've bought a lot from Holmes over the years while market gardening as they have a great selection at great prices in volume.
I love Baker Creek, awesome photography and a great many items from all over the world. I do order some Asian greens most years but they are not my main source.
Ordered a thorny tomato from them last year, pretty sure it's just a bull nettle on steroids

Buzzard Breath

Which Menard are you traveling to? We were in bowling green and saw ground breaking for a new Menards. May save you a few miles down the road.
Elizabethtown. I'll keep an eye out for the one in BG to open. It'd save some drive time and we could tie it into a Cabelas stop.

FredRog72

If you feel like taking a ride, check out Sauder Farms Country Market in Elkton, KY. They have about every seed you could ever hope for.

D&R Supplies in Pembroke, KY is my other go to. Cash only business.

Latest posts