Savage?

BigD_625

big jim said:
Lee, RCBS, Hornady, and others make single stage presses in a kit form that has everything you need to get started. Personally, I like the Hornady deal because it comes with their reloading manual, scale, priming tool, etc and 500 free bullets (through rebate and worth about $125.00). Hornady customer service is outstanding.

You will also need dies. Lee makes a deluxe rifle set that has both the full length sizing die and the neck sizing die. The neck sizing die is what you will need to handload cartridges specific to your rifle to get the best groups.

Powder and primers and you are in business. Another item to consider is a tumbler to clean spent brass.

Once you have the press, you will be able to purchase additional dies for any rifle or pistol you own.

Think that covers it. I have the Lee kit, but it doesn't come with manual or bullets. The Hornady kit sounds great. I usually get my dies (I use Lee deluxe) off of midwayusa, but I've heard of people finding amazing deals at yard sales. Most people tend to favor the RCBS.

I recommend the tumbler highly.

thejetman

I am considering a single press kit too. I think hat this is going to be a fun little hobby. We did it during the winters in Wisconsin to pass time. Thebnext thing would be grinding a local league of sorts.

Latest posts