Savage Weather Warrior 116 FCSS

TN Song Dog

Curious what kind of accuracy you guys are getting with this rifle or similar savage hunter models (hunter profile barrel)?

Considering one in 6.5 creedmoor or 308 as a do-all hunting rifle.... stainless, accutrigger, accustock...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I love my 116 30-06. Silly accurate. They are not the prettiest or refined rifles but they just plain shoot.

My recommendation is to buy the Trophy Hunter (TH) model, or whatever is cheapest,and buy a B&C stock for it. I don't care for the Savage factory Tupperware stocks, even the Accustock. It may cost you a little bit more, but not much. If you go this route you will need 1 longer screw and $20 worth of parts from Savage for the magazine surround...

TNRifleman

EastTNHunter":1b9hzrhn said:
I love my 116 30-06. Silly accurate. They are not the prettiest or refined rifles but they just plain shoot.

My recommendation is to buy the Trophy Hunter (TH) model, or whatever is cheapest,and buy a B&C stock for it. I don't care for the Savage factory Tupperware stocks, even the Accustock. It may cost you a little bit more, but not much. If you go this route you will need 1 longer screw and $20 worth of parts from Savage for the magazine surround...

I agree. I had a 111 in 30-06 that was really accurate. Like EastTNHunter said, not very refined or pretty but it will shoot. The 116 seems to be a little upgraded in the refinement area so I would imagine you would be pleased.

sloughfoot

I been shooting a 116 accustock/accutrigger in 7mm for several years now and it performs very well not very picky what you put down the barrel. Don't think you would be disappointed with the performance the stock like others have said needs upgraded.

wirenut

I have the weather warrior in .308 . As the others above have posted the stock isn't anything to brag about. I have never shot factory loads in it but all my handloads easily shoot sub moa.

Latest posts