sausage casserole

WTM

here is a simple casserole my daughter used to make, i can eat a whole pan of it. its pretty good.

1 pound breakfast sausage
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 9x11 inch baking dish.
Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium heat until crumbly and beginning to brown; drain. Stir the cream cheese into the cooked sausage.
Roll the dough from one can of crescent rolls into the bottom of the prepared baking dish without separating. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Spread the sausage mixture over the baked crescent rolls; top the sausage mixture with the remaining can of rolls. Return to oven and bake until the top layer is golden brown.

jb3

My wife makes the same thing but uses cheddar cheese instead. Great for hangovers back in the day.

chall

Ditto. Fixed it Sunday morning before Church and enjoyed the leftovers this morning. Shared it with a couple of guys at work and they gave it a thumbs up.

Sako

That stuff is awesome.... There are several ladies in my sunday school class that make it and I love it...

MUP

Just made it .. again .. last night! Good stuff! Thanks again for posting this recipe for us "cookingly challenged" folks! It's really easy to make and I love being able to use the deer sausage I have to make it! ;)

JohnG

This is fantasic!! We use 2 pounds of sausage, 1 hot and 1 mild and I like to cook a pan of gravy to pour over it and some scrambled eggs with some cheddar cheese cooked in to top it off!!!

Latest posts