Safety Harness Vest

TNReb

Anyone got a specific safety harness "vest" they would recommend? I've been using the harness that came with my Summit Viper back around 2003. It's just the type that consists of a bunch of "seat belts". It gets tangled easily and it's basically a pain in the rear.

Are any of the vests comfortable and not super hot (something light weight for early bow season)?

DMD

I have been using Hunter Safety System for several years. Mine is great, but the new ones are even better judging from I have seen. Great investment.

TNDeerGuy

bswarchery said:
I use the HSS system also, but now looking at the www.20feetup.com system. Looks pretty great for a bow hunter and way less bulky when the late season comes in.

I also use a HSS, but I am going to be switching to the new 20feetup harness system this fall. As a rock climber, I am familiar with this type of harness system and it is very comfortable, manuverable and virtually eliminates "suspension trama".

bswarchery

The 20feetup system really looks like a great system for bow hunters as I have experienced the challenge of my lanyard being in the way when I had to turn right on a low deer shot.

Bowdacious

The 20ft up looks comfy and wouldn't be in the way but it's not for me. I would have to start climbing down to relieve myself again. :(

J-WO

Any of the hunters safety system vests I've tried are great. Just remember you get what you pay for.

Winchester

tikkashooter said:
gorilla and love it
Great system as is the Muddy. I like the harness only sytems as the vest type can be way too hot during early bow season many times!

Latest posts