Safety ?

Football Hunter

Ok, so on the lease i got on here in Spartanburg Co SC, I didnt get on till November. So very little scouting, just hunting stands i can find, its been pretty good but.
So today i was in 1 of those pre made tower blinds Plastic, whatever. But i got to wondering, this is basially enclosed, i had 1 of 8 windows open, if i shot my rifle, i was wondering what the sound repurcussions would be for me?
Getting older,just thinking, dont want busted ear drums.

tntrkkllr

Ok, so on the lease i got on here in Spartanburg Co SC, I didnt get on till November. So very little scouting, just hunting stands i can find, its been pretty good but.
So today i was in 1 of those pre made tower blinds Plastic, whatever. But i got to wondering, this is basially enclosed, i had 1 of 8 windows open, if i shot my rifle, i was wondering what the sound repurcussions would be for me?
Getting older,just thinking, dont want busted ear drums.
Hunting out of any box blind or ground blind as long as the end of the barrel is completely out the window you won't have any issues with hurting your ears

JJ3

It's a really good question. I was already having some ringing in my ears. But I shot a nice buck from a tent in November. I missed the first shot and fired a second shot and then fired an insurance shot while he was running before he collapsed. Afterwords I was thinking that it was really loud! Definitely louder than what I typically experience. All 3 shots the barrel outside the tent window. My ears have been ringing worse since ever since. It's got me starting to look at some kind of protection.

Latest posts