Lifelines and Safety Harness

Wrangler95

I have a safety harness and lifelines that are 6 years old and wonder if they should be retired and buy new ones for next year.The lifelines are put out in Sep and are in the tree until Jan.The safety harness has never been wet and looks as good as it did new.

catman529

If the harness is well cared for, I wouldn't replace it yet. If it catches a fall you're supposed to replace it. But the lifeline, sitting out in the elements for several months out of the year, I'd have replaced it a lot sooner.

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
If the harness is well cared for, I wouldn't replace it yet. If it catches a fall you're supposed to replace it. But the lifeline, sitting out in the elements for several months out of the year, I'd have replaced it a lot sooner.
X2
I agree but I do take good care of my stuff and store it properly in off-season. I think a lot of it is just liability factors from a manufacture stand point. However, people (myself included) are sometimes stingy with our money when it comes to safety products because we think "probably will never happen to me". Fact is, it can happen. If you are questioning any of your safety equipment just replace it.
Wearing an "expired" harness to better than no harness at all.

Latest posts