Saddle Hunters???

Black Titan

Yall ever consider using a rappel rope? It definitely adds bulk but if you buy some quality rope 30-35 ft of it won't add much weight. Then you rappel down and not worry about climbing down. Stop along the way and retrieve your sticks.

Yup. I think I have either 30 or 40 feet of Canyon Elite, and run a madrock. Makes it super easy to get down.

BT

GhillieBow

Rappeling is so much easier
Its also a pretty badass feeling. I felt so cool the first time I did it practicing. All my childhood superspy or military dreams came flooding back 😂 Had the James Bond theme song playing in my head.

Another note, its safer in the event you need to get out of the tree ASAP. I had a storm roll in on me pretty quick one time. Was out the tree and packing up before the bottom fell out.

knightrider

Its also a pretty badass feeling. I felt so cool the first time I did it practicing. All my childhood superspy or military dreams came flooding back 😂 Had the James Bond theme song playing in my head.

Another note, its safer in the event you need to get out of the tree ASAP. I had a storm roll in on me pretty quick one time. Was out the tree and packing up before the bottom fell out.
Dont know about bada$$, but im to old and clumsy to be trying get down sticks in the dark, much easier to rappel for this old fat man

Black Titan

I'm planning on upgrading my rope to something of the sort for next season. What diameter you running?

It's listed as 9mm but seems just a tad thicker.

This is what I ordered

BT

Ski

Yall ever consider using a rappel rope? It definitely adds bulk but if you buy some quality rope 30-35 ft of it won't add much weight. Then you rappel down and not worry about climbing down. Stop along the way and retrieve your sticks.

I've no interest in saddle hunting but the one sticking and rappelling really interests me. I'd like to try applying it to hang-on hunting. Worst part about my stand and sticks is all the sticks. Cumbersome and heavy.

knightrider

That's exactly my train of thought. I want to get away from having 4 sticks. The one stick and rappel method really has my interest.
Man i love it, it takes less effirt to use the one stick method than carrying sticks and platform and putting them up, and the madrock safeguard makes it a cinch to get down! Staggs in the wild on youtube is a wealth of onestick knowledge if you get time to looke em up

Ski

Man i love it, it takes less effirt to use the one stick method than carrying sticks and platform and putting them up, and the madrock safeguard makes it a cinch to get down! Staggs in the wild on youtube is a wealth of onestick knowledge if you get time to looke em up

Thank you for the tip. I'll check the channel out for sure. I've mostly decided to give it a try.

Latest posts