Ground Blind Bow Hunters

UTGrad

This weekend I might set up in a hub style blind I put out a couple weeks ago. Although I've used blinds for turkey hunting, it's been a while since I tried it for deer.

Anybody hunting them from a blind?

Stumpy

I have some but b/c of being crowded in blind with two people has kept me from bow hunting in them much.

I have had my eye on the new primos/doublebull shack attack though. that thing is sweet! PLENTY of room for myself and girlfriend with both our bows. only two hubs to deal with and a huge door to easily walk through....ugh im bout to have to buy something else this season lol.

infoman jr.

You don't "have" to brush them in extremely well. I shot this one at 15 yards. I think smell is a big factor though. I helped a guy put one out last weekend. When he pulled it out of the bag, it smelled like a plastic factory had blown up.

Headhunter

I have killed 40 or so deer from the ground with a bow (3 of them nice bucks, one made pope and young) and never used a ground blind. most I slipped upon after seeing them. just practice being a good "indian".

catman529

I dont see how rain would clean the scent, it would just sit there wet for a while. The sun seems to really clear things out

burninpowder

Killed my best bow buck from a blind that we had left up since turkey season. 22 yards and no brush!!! Would post picture but not sure how!!

catman529

I have a popup that a member here gave me and I am saving it for a rainy day that I really want to hunt. Preferably with the rifle. Never bow hunted from a blind before, would rather sit under a tree in some bushes. If the deer come to an open area that gets more light, sitting under a heavy shade tree or thick bushes in the shade will help conceal you even better than if you're sitting in sunlight.

REM7

We going all natural blind in the morning. I have used a blind brushed in, and not brushed in with success in both. Its just like a shooter house deer need be use to seeing it I think.

Latest posts