Saddle Hunters???

themanpcl

Who here are saddle hunters and willing to share advise on brands?
Year 3 of using Hawk saddle sticks and platform and no issues. Got into it for less than most pay for the saddle only (I'm cheap) but it has all worked out. I don't worry about the weight of any of the gear.

ImThere

Jx3 other than that I think all soft saddles are close to the same comfort as long as it fits. With a few slight changes to the different brands. Just need to find the maker/ model that fits YOU. I think that's the biggest thing. Some saddles cup more but for the bigger guys some are flatter for the thinner guys. Some seem taller and hit my legs lower. Cruzr is one of the best IMHO I have a Kestrel that's my go to in the soft saddle. When I get a chance I'm going to find one that's mesh and rock it! lol.

ImThere

Year 3 of using Hawk saddle sticks and platform and no issues. Got into it for less than most pay for the saddle only (I'm cheap) but it has all worked out. I don't worry about the weight of any of the gear.
This is one of those things where a saddle has to fit you and your body type. I thought the Hawk saddle was a Chinese torture device.

FredRog72

So I'm not a big guy but not small either. Got a little junk in the trunk! LOL

I've been watching reviews of all the major brands for weeks now. I would like to try the fit of a few but not sure where to do that. It's not an option to buy more than one to test fit. These systems can be expensive but I don't mind spending the money for quality.

I'll do more research on the Cruzr. I've been researching the Tethrd systems already. Any experience with Tethrd?

Mb423

I have been running my tethered for 2 years with zero issues. It is like anything else, each brand have their own pros and cons.

At the end of the day, they beat a climber IMO so buy whatever brand and get some time in a tree.

uncle_loue

i use dryad drey which has by far been the most comfortable for me and they're made here in tennessee. best advice is get on saddlehunter.com and see when they are having a meetup so that you can go try out a bunch of styles/brands. most of them make a quality product but each will fit/feel different for different people. and frankly i think deciding which climbing system you intend to use may be a better first step, as what type of saddle you want will depend largely on how you climb. are you going to use climbing sticks, SRT rope style climbing or single stick method? some saddles have lots of attachments or pockets which is great if you need easy access to ropes, a way to carry climbing sticks as you go etc... on the other hand some folks don't want anything hanging off their sides, they climb with one stick and a tether so a simple no frills saddle makes more sense.

UCStandSitter

So I'm not a big guy but not small either. Got a little junk in the trunk! LOL

I've been watching reviews of all the major brands for weeks now. I would like to try the fit of a few but not sure where to do that. It's not an option to buy more than one to test fit. These systems can be expensive but I don't mind spending the money for quality.

I'll do more research on the Cruzr. I've been researching the Tethrd systems already. Any experience with Tethrd?
I've used both and several others. Cruzr has the best fit in the business that I've tried. They are based in Cookeville, TN. Highly recommend stopping by if you can and trying em out. They have a telephone pole setup inside where you can test. All the Tethrd ones were a bit pinchy for me and I used beyond one sit.

ImThere

Tethrd is just as good as any if it fits your body type. Where are you located? That could put you in touch with people that saddle hunt.

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
I've used the H2 Slingshot for two and years and now currently in my serving season with a Cruzr XC. Both have been great. Fantastic way to hunt. There is no one for all setup for saddle hunting. It's just one of those things you just got to try Andy play around with to find what's best suited for you.

Latest posts