Saddle Hunters???

BuckHunter511

I am planning on getting those sticks. You like them?
Love them, shop around online, you can find some good deals. They bite very well into the tree, even when the dynarope is off when removing the sticks from the tree. The sticks also stack together and pack very well! I feel 100% safe with them. Just make sure you watch a video on YouTube to see how to attach them and be safe about it.

FredRog72

Well, I'm just about set to dangle from the side of a tree! I got the Skeletor sticks and have been trying them out. I'm going to perform the aider mod with the amsteel retractable aiders from Amsteel Guy. And then I've ordered the Cruzr XC and Seeker platform that will be here Monday. Exciting times to come. Thank you for all the advice from my fellow tree danglers. You gents are awesome!

Black Titan

Well, I'm just about set to dangle from the side of a tree! I got the Skeletor sticks and have been trying them out. I'm going to perform the aider mod with the amsteel retractable aiders from Amsteel Guy. And then I've ordered the Cruzr XC and Seeker platform that will be here Monday. Exciting times to come. Thank you for all the advice from my fellow tree danglers. You gents are awesome!

Be careful! There are inherent dangers to saddle hunting. Some of which are:

Spending money on more accessories
Spending money on additional climbing methods
Spending more money to upgrade to smaller and lighter ropes
Spending money to see if a different saddle fits and feels better.
And the worst one, the wife finding out exactly how much you've spent to climb a tree!

BT

FredRog72

And the worst one, the wife finding out exactly how much you've spent to climb a tree!

BT
I'm more afraid of this than actually falling out of a tree! My biggest fear is that after i'm gone, she sells all my gear for what I told her I paid for it.

Might have to upgrade my screen name!

Happy Tree Dangler!

knightrider

BT
Amen to that

J.A.F.O.

i use dryad drey which has by far been the most comfortable for me and they're made here in tennessee. best advice is get on saddlehunter.com and see when they are having a meetup so that you can go try out a bunch of styles/brands. most of them make a quality product but each will fit/feel different for different people. and frankly i think deciding which climbing system you intend to use may be a better first step, as what type of saddle you want will depend largely on how you climb. are you going to use climbing sticks, SRT rope style climbing or single stick method? some saddles have lots of attachments or pockets which is great if you need easy access to ropes, a way to carry climbing sticks as you go etc... on the other hand some folks don't want anything hanging off their sides, they climb with one stick and a tether so a simple no frills saddle makes more sense.
Couldn't agree more on the Dryad. Love that they are made here in Tenn and it's also a very well thought out harness.
I have the hammock as well and it's super comfy.

Laserman1

BT
You missed one.
" forgetting to tell EVERYONE at the party you are a saddle hunter".

Tn Joe

I'm going to perform the aider mod with the amsteel retractable aiders from Amsteel Guy.
Just so you know those aiders hang right up against the tree making pretty difficult to get your boot in when coming down the tree. I tried them out and decided that wasn't something I was comfortable with trying to do especially in the dark.

FredRog72

Just so you know those aiders hang right up against the tree making pretty difficult to get your boot in when coming down the tree. I tried them out and decided that wasn't something I was comfortable with trying to do especially in the dark.
I have my concerns for sure. I'm not a small foot fellow either.

Latest posts