Saban Retires

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Oops, the feeling after losing to Michigan was "oh well, no big deal, Bama will win one next year or two". Now it is, " should have won that one because it may be the last chance for a while".

The ground was getting shaky with NIL and transfer portal but Saban, along with some of the other big programs, seemed to be managing it pretty well and we were still expecting Bama would continue with a high level of talent on the team. Now, who knows? Long time Bama fans and alumni remember how many down-years there were after Coach Bryant and after Coach Stallings. Coach Bryant was drifting off during his last year and Stallings was not recruiting top level talent during his last years, so the program was not in as good as shape as it is currently for passing on to a new coach. The transfer portal can put a quick damper on it though.

I'm wondering how well prepared the administration is for this. I'm assuming there has been preparation and there are plans in place including input from Coach Saban. There has likely been discussions with potential coaches already but it is very difficult to keep that type of stuff quiet and some information and rumors usually leak fairly quickly so maybe not.

Last edited:

PillsburyDoughboy

Where you at Pillsbury? Okay, Alabama fans, who ya got? Who replaces Nick Saban?
Right here. Been saving this receipt for this very day.

Long live the GOAT and enjoy your retirment sir. You are the Greatest Of All Time!

BOOM!!!!!!!

Nick Saban is gonna retire on Nick Sabans Timeline and no one elses. If I had to guess or wager he will probably wait till 2025 when the merger happens. He really has nothing left to prove. He will go down in the record books as being the GOAT. Everyone knows it.

Latest posts