Saban today on Capital Hill

JCDEERMAN

I have no love or hate for Alabama…but college sports are ruined for me for the reasons he explained. It's not about the passion for the school or team, it's about ME, ME, ME and how much money I can make for my like and image.

Screw that. Put me in the woods to work on habitat and deer/turkey strategies. The Bible predicted these days would come

PalsPal

Twitter is gold!

Screenshot_20240314-065048_X.jpg

PillsburyDoughboy

Why is he still doing this? #butthurt
If you listen to everything he has been saying since he left its clear. All he has known for the past 50+ is coaching football. He truly loves what he has done and he wants to keep the sport thriving.

I swear yall complained the entire time he was coaching that yall wanted him off the field and now he is gone. Its like yall want him back coaching or something :)

BMan

If you listen to everything he has been saying since he left its clear. All he has known for the past 50+ is coaching football. He truly loves what he has done and he wants to keep the sport thriving.

I swear yall complained the entire time he was coaching that yall wanted him off the field and now he is gone. Its like yall want him back coaching or something :)

Let me guess: you're the guy who nominated him for canonization. Saint Saban of Tuscaloosa, patron saint of downtrodden football players everywhere.

1710451607556.png

Last edited:

deerhunter10

I listened to it. And he came off as whiney. Sure he was developing players but the pay to play thing has been going on for years. The universities that havent been caught are just good at hiding it, the ones that have most have been so dumb about it they deserve it. But the nil side of it he was getting left behind.

He is no doubt the best college coach in history imo. I'm glad he is gone and hope he stays gone. But have respect for him from a tennessee fan.

At the end of the day nil isn't going anywhere and honestly as much as these universities and others make off of the athletes it shouldn't. It'll take a few years to iron out I think, it very well could get worse time will tell.

Fast Learner

Just go on and enjoy your retirement, I mean I hope he does! He's just whining and trying to act like he wasn't butthurt the playing field was leveled. Almost like a kid when one parent says no….

Latest posts