Saban Explains His Exit

Bambi Buster

I have no dog in this fight, but I'll just leave this here. :cool:

1710897467533.png

scn

When a pipeline to the NFL and a Charger or Challenger no longer were enough to cherry pick the 5 stars, he took his ball and went home. I have heard he REALLY wanted Nico.

No doubt that he's the best coach in modern times. But, you have to wonder how much of that was having studs stacked 3 deep and how much was his coaching. With increasing parity, I'm not sure he would be quite as dominant.

TNTreeman

Lil Nicky wanted Arian Carter pretty bad to. His dad works at Nissan with my buddy. Nicky made an in home visit and had his pic taken beside the Christmas tree with them. Once the playing field was leveled he got out.

THEdonkey0515

A car won't buy me a top 3 recruiting class for a decade? I'm out! Gonna spend the rest of my time retired crying about the NIL to anyone that will listen mostly bammer fans.

PillsburyDoughboy

Nick Saban finally abdicates. Yall been crying about this like you can't wait for him to retire for the
last 17+ years of spankings and now yall act like yall want him back or something :)

chris1976

Its more like he is going to leading the charge . Not Crying. But nice try. Want a cookie?
Leading what charge? Trying to get rid of NIL? He's been left behind and he is throwing a tantrum. I've lost my respect for him and so has about everyone else that's not a bubba. Like a true liberal, he wants government to fix the problem.

Jon54

When a pipeline to the NFL and a Charger or Challenger no longer were enough to cherry pick the 5 stars, he took his ball and went home. I have heard he REALLY wanted Nico.

No doubt that he's the best coach in modern times. But, you have to wonder how much of that was having studs stacked 3 deep and how much was his coaching. With increasing parity, I'm not sure he would be quite as dominant.
The Bear had an even larger advantage. Way fewer recruiting limits. His 3rd team coukd beat many other teams. Satan left because of the NIL and transfer rules. He's a bizillionaire and can move to the broadcast both and make fun of all of the other losers. IMHO, best college coach ever.

Bass1090

I hate to but I will agree that he is one of the best ever.

But he left because the playing field is now equal! I figure a lot or most cheat in college sports but he was the best at it and didn't get caught.

Lastly, it is sad to see him whining on TV about it. Take your championships, take your money, take your need for notoriety and just go away with a little style.

JBell

The playing field was against him when he showed up. He created the pipeline. He's old and tired. Enjoy retirement. Deboer will take it from here😉

Latest posts