Rhino vs Ranger......

REM7

I plan on purchasing a buggy vehicle. Proably a Yahama Rhino or a Polaris Ranger. Would appreciate the imput. Pros and cons of each.

JAY B

A stock rhino can't follow the stock rangers when the goin gets tough! Not just opinion, seen it many of times!! Can't haul or tow as much either, and did I mention not as fast also!! The rhinos do look a little better and bucket seats are nice( if you only have one passenger)! But I love my ranger!!!

REM7

thanx for the imput everyone...i never considered honda or kubota...any info on these two will be greatly appreciated..

mike243

kubota's are slow,my brother has had a rhino for 3-4 years & it has been great,no mechanical problems other than he ran a stob thru the radiator,the 4x4 stays engaged going down hills unlike the polaris system,i would have thought they would have changed that on the rangers but havent from what i have read,mike243

JohnnyBond

How do they do in mud and water..... I know they have come along way since new.... my concern is about running in longs periods of water will the belt slip

mike243

both have belts,honda has no belts,if i was getting 1 & knew a lot of water was involved it would be a honda or at least 1 without belts,the only down side i see is no low range with the honda,coarse it may not need it,mike243

mike243

price :) i havent looked at the diffrences in $,i own a honda rancherAT & would buy another if i needed 1,i dont think you will have problems out of any of them if you dont abuse them,i dont care if mines not the fastest,i just want to get there without tearing up & having to walk drag or push a hunk of junk back to the truck with a belt broken or such,mike243

REM7

Thanks for all the info. I am really leaning hard toward the rhino. They sure are not cheap... but we only live once.

downthebrown

Just get the Kawasaki Teryx. Great ground clearance, great power and speed, and comfy. Has a unique 4 wheel drive system that allows you to apply power to the front wheels a little at a time. Check them out, they are very nice.

John Harris

I have not used a UTV except short trips on a Kubota and an older Kawasaki Mule.

However, in my law practice I do handle products liability cases. I subscribe to a list server for attorneys who handle those kinds of cases. I see more posts about rollovers on the Rhino than any other "top tier" UTV.

Search UTV rollovers in google and you will get lots of info. Not to say, however, I would not buy one just that I would include the products liability materials as part of any due diligence in a new $10,000 purchase.

mike243

well john aint nothing idotproof :) ,its kinda like hot coffee,you know you have to be careful to enjoy it,drink it to fast or spill it & ya got problems :) its a wonder gun companys are not sued more as folks are sue crazy & looking to retire with a fat check,mike243

Latest posts