Hunting Truck Bronco vs. Tahoe

mike243

many years ago I seen a couple deer some fellars had killed down near Columbia covered up with tics & deer lice, I wouldn't want that inside of a truck I planed on driving,a hitch rack would be my preferred hauling of dead deer, other than that a tow bill will be the same for either lol, finding either in good shape might take some time

Rubberduck270

I'd personally opt for an extended cab or crew cab truck over the SUV. As mike243 said, tossing a deer in the back of the SUV in an early season hunt might lead to some unwanted critters and smells. If you do go with the SUV I'd definitely invest in a rear cargo rack that mounts in the receiver hitch.

deerhunter10

Instead of that looking into am older frontier or tacoma both get good millage and yourll have a truck which more practical for hunting IMO. But both the bronco and Tahoe will serve you good. Just a matter between them rather you want ford or Chevy.

Vermin93

I shot a decent 8-pointer a couple of years ago in Missouri. Quartered it and put the meat in a big cooler and the head in a tub and put it all in the back of my Tahoe for the drive back to Texas. Got tired on the way home and pulled off at a truck stop to nap for a couple of hrs. Finished the drive home and found multiple ticks on me and about 100 ticks all over the interior of my Tahoe. I could not believe how many ticks came off that deer head.

So, regardless of what you get don't keep a deer inside of it very long!

Kimberman

7mm08 said:
Use a hitch rack on my Tahoe and it works great for hauling out deer. We have had two bucks on it at one time without problems.

Same for me. I have had 2 deer on it a few times, and 3 hogs once. I use a few bungee cords to hold everything in. On the truck part mine is a 1996 2 door Tahoe. Its been a great truck over the years, and Im not even close to getting rid of it.

Latest posts