Respool time

WTM

Reason(s)?

Interesting. I personally love braid.
with braid youll spend more time more time cussing and cutting out wind knots than fishing.

mono is more limp once i prestretch it and with an fast- extra fast rod its perfect for me to shoot or skip all the way back. there are a lot of cables and big jagged rocks under these docks and mono is better against abrasion than flouro and with hi vis i can watch my line.

redblood

with braid youll spend more time more time cussing and cutting out wind knots than fishing.

mono is more limp once i prestretch it and with an fast- extra fast rod its perfect for me to shoot or skip all the way back. there are a lot of cables and big jagged rocks under these docks and mono is better against abrasion than flouro and with hi vis i can watch my line.
Thats what everyone said. Mono makes me cuss enough lol

JRC1

All this conversation about line has me thinking. I'm using 6lb slime line super stretch on my 16ft rod. I'm new to livescope. Probably have less than 30 hours on it. I'm watching fish swim up to my bait on the screen, but I don't ever feel them bite so I don't set the hook. Could it be that they are biting and I'm not feeling it because of my super stretch line or is this pretty normal when watching fish on livescope?

redblood

All this conversation about line has me thinking. I'm using 6lb slime line super stretch on my 16ft rod. I'm new to livescope. Probably have less than 30 hours on it. I'm watching fish swim up to my bait on the screen, but I don't ever feel them bite so I don't set the hook. Could it be that they are biting and I'm not feeling it because of my super stretch line or is this pretty normal when watching fish on livescope?
That describes crappie to a T.

In fact, I purposely dont watch the screen once i know where they are. If im watching,they aint gonna bite anyway

NChunt1

8lb power pro super slick in moonshine color with a 6lb vanish floro leader is by far my favorite setup I have ever used for crappie. I have switched to all braid with leaders on all my rods

Spurhunter

A lot of pros say they set the hook 100% off the screen. Doesn't work for me. I have to feel the thump, wait a split second, then set the hook. Any other way I miss the fish. I use Suffix Elite mono, a 10 inch Seaguar InvisX flouro leader and tungsten weights.

Latest posts