Respool time

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I hate doing it but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

IMG_1398.jpeg

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Im a 4 pound mono man. Heard good stuff about that though
I started using it for trout and wondered if it would make a difference for bream.
After catching a couple thousand fish nobody will make me believe it doesn't help.
I use it for everything now.
It is a beach with spinning reels for a while after respooling but for me the pros outweigh the cons

Harold Money jr

Fluorocarbon ABSOLUTELY makes a difference when it comes to bass and rockfish when fishing with live shad. It's like 6-7 fish to 1 with mono. We've handed someone a rod with fluorocarbon and they'll catch em until we give it to someone else. If they have the clear mono then they'll say that other rod is magic. I would not have thought it but, it's proven time and again. I'm not sure about crappie or bluegills.

Jon54

I started using it for trout and wondered if it would make a difference for bream.
After catching a couple thousand fish nobody will make me believe it doesn't help.
It is a beach with spinning reels for a while after respooling but for me the pros outweigh the cons
Real men use #2 😎

nso123

Have you tried any of the line conditioners to help make it more manageable?

JRC1

Fluorocarbon ABSOLUTELY makes a difference when it comes to bass and rockfish when fishing with live shad. It's like 6-7 fish to 1 with mono. We've handed someone a rod with fluorocarbon and they'll catch em until we give it to someone else. If they have the clear mono then they'll say that other rod is magic. I would not have thought it but, it's proven time and again. I'm not sure about crappie or bluegills.
What is it about the fluorocarbon that makes that much difference?

TheLBLman

1/64 ounce
Just curious is this odd or what ?
Seems something that light would be hard to cast any distance on 6-lb line.

In times past, I have typically gone down to 2-lb test Trilene Xtra Limp to cast something that small. Actually, have always thought 1/32 oz worked best with 2-lb line until the 4-lb flouro came out.

I haven't done much bream fishing the past many years, but will probably start doing more ongoing.

When I did a lot, it was usually 1/32 oz for bream, 1/16 oz for crappie.
And 2 lb Trilene.

Harold Money jr

JRC1,
Dang I hope I'm not hijacking Rugers post here but, I feel he and I are in agreement on flourocarbon.
I feel and have been told that flourocarbon is a lot more invisible under water to the fish. That's why in my opinion they bite baits better than mono. Also flourocarbon is "heavier" and sinks better. Thats why Ruger can use 6lb on such small jig weights and they still get down.