Recommend a good hot dog

Black Titan

Been searching for a good hot dog ever since trying one of the dogs at Daddys Dogs in Gatlinburg. I'm tired of the same old Oscar Meyer or ballpark. I want a good hot dog that has a casing on it. I like the crunch from a casing hot dog when you bite into it. A quick scan of the meat section tonight at the grocery store came up empty, as everything was skinless or caseless, so I ended up coming home with some all pork brats.

These are just to throw on the grill, but I'm experimenting with my new smoker too and would love a good suggestion on different dogs or sausages to try on the smoker too.

BT

Black Titan

The best I found since I moved here are Nathan's 1/4#ers.
Gotta head back to my formers state at thanksgiving so I'm gonna pick up some of the best homemade hotdogs to accompany me on the way back home.

I've heard Nathan's are good but all of the ones I looked at were skinless.

BT

Planking

There are some awesome recipes for gourmet hot dogs that can be looked up. We do them over a campfire. I'm ashamed to say I ate 7 last time. We use Nathan's and they develop a crisp shell cooked this way.

Remington700

These aren't hot dogs but not your typical brat either. Is like them and are similar to what you described.
IMG_5956.jpeg

Black Titan

make a trip to Benton's hams in Vonore. not a bad drive from Roane county. they sell fishers 1/4 lb. by the case. around $30 for 25. best hotdogs around. heck, next time I'm that way I can pick you some up .I'm in midtown.

That's cool. I need to get up there and go by the UGO to get some cheap meats to practice my smoke-fu on. Is the meat house still open?

BT

Latest posts