Ranch Dressing

Shorttine

We discovered that seasoning pork chops with hidden valley ranch dressing powder and then tossing them in the air fryer is quite the redneck delicacy.

JCDEERMAN

Do any of you make your own ranch dressing? If so would you post a recipe?
I'd like to know a good one as well if anyone has one. I know that when we go on vacations to the gulf every summer, those restaurants down there always have THE BEST ranch dressings. I have asked all of them for the name brand they use, and you guessed it, they are all homemade in house.

Trapper John

I'd like to know a good one as well if anyone has one. I know that when we go on vacations to the gulf every summer, those restaurants down there always have THE BEST ranch dressings. I have asked all of them for the name brand they use, and you guessed it, they are all homemade in house.
Mayo
Sour Cream
Garlic -fresh diced or powder
Onion Powder
Dill
Course ground mustard
Worcestershire Sauce
Buttermilk

Whisk it up. I haven't measured the amounts. I just eyeball it. Maybe a little more mayo than sour cream but close to 50/50. Just a little of the buttermilk to thin it out. Go easy on the mustard. Smoked paprika and a splash of hot sauce are good additions.

DoubleRidge

Do any of you make your own ranch dressing? If so would you post a recipe?

Wife buys the buttermilk ranch seasoning pack (not the regular ranch pack but the buttermilk ranch pack) then buttermilk.....simple instructions included....her doing this has ruined bottled dressing for me.....mixed at home is the best....thinner and more like restaurant house made dressing.

Displaced_Vol

Back in school they made this ranch dressing and put it in a 2 gallon jug with a pump handle on top. That stuff was only slightly thicker than water and the best ranch you've ever had.
I like bleu cheese too and always get both for my wings, after all this is America.

redblood

Wife buys the buttermilk ranch seasoning pack (not the regular ranch pack but the buttermilk ranch pack) then buttermilk.....simple instructions included....her doing this has ruined bottled dressing for me.....mixed at home is the best....thinner and more like restaurant house made dressing.
And if you add a touch of bacon grease...oh my

Latest posts