duck dressing

TAFKAP

I'm not sure there is such a thing. You get your best cornbread dressing, then overcook the crap out of some duck breasts to mix in there.

Trapper John

The best way I've found is to keep them separate and use duck fat in the dressing as well as in the cast iron pan you bake it in. Then you can sear the breasts or braise the legs independently and have good meat and ducky tasting dressing. I usually mix up some cornbread dressing and add in maybe a tablespoon of liquid duck fat. Heat up a cast iron pan with another tablespoon of fat, press in the dressing, and bake until it's done.

TAFKAP

Trapper John":2hi2yqvj said:
The best way I've found is to keep them separate and use duck fat in the dressing as well as in the cast iron pan you bake it in. Then you can sear the breasts or braise the legs independently and have good meat and ducky tasting dressing. I usually mix up some cornbread dressing and add in maybe a tablespoon of liquid duck fat. Heat up a cast iron pan with another tablespoon of fat, press in the dressing, and bake until it's done.

That sounds like a good plan. I was almost thinking of a "shrimp & grits" style presentation. I like the idea of duck fat in the dressing. Another thought might be a confit leg

Latest posts