Duck

Ladys man

My wife loves duck so I thought I'd try to cook it for Mothers Day, but I've never seen it in the store so where do I find it in Knoxville and what's best way to cook it.
I'd like to find skin on breast then cook it in cast iron but very open to ideas.

MickThompson

You're on the right track with skin on breast. I doubt you can find it fresh though so you better be rounding it up and getting it thawed. Seems like I've seen them at Kroger before.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
For some reason I cannot recall if it was Costco or ALDI that I saw a ton of ducks in (I know; those are nothing alike, other than that's where I get most groceries).

TAFKAP

I saw this too late, but since you were asking on Saturday night, you were pretty out of luck anyway. Kroger always has whole frozen ducks in the iciest part of the bottom of their freezer section. Usually hidden beneath/between the frozen cornish hens. For grocery store duck, Alton Brown's recipe is probably the greatest. And since the duck is already whole, plucked, skin-on, it is very likely to change your mind about breasting out wild ducks.

Like he says, it looks like a lot of effort, but it's really not.

Latest posts