Quiet

PalsPal

Whether you watch their games or not, the SEC Network included in all cable and streaming packages sold in the nation's 29th largest media market. Vandy is more valuable to the SEC than Tennessee or Alabama.

Want to guess the percentage of Vandy fans to Tn fans in and around Nashville?

See if this helps:

Vanderbilt-Stadium-1.jpg

Displaced_Vol

I have a confession to make. I LITERALLY fell asleep reading this post earlier. Set my phone down and snoozed for an hour afterwards. Came back, read it and still unsure what I read 😂

Not a shot at you B1G guy, just being honest 😜

Let me try to summarize: college football is changing and we might end up with 2 super conferences. It'll be entertaining to see where everyone ends up.

Other than that he's the supreme thought leader of all things college football on TNDeer which as we all know is like being the coolest kid at the dungeons and dragons convention.

Spurhunter

Let me try to summarize: college football is changing and we might end up with 2 super conferences. It'll be entertaining to see where everyone ends up.

Other than that he's the supreme thought leader of all things college football on TNDeer which as we all know is like being the coolest kid at the dungeons and dragons convention.
Hey, he's not a bandwagon bammer just here to troll so I'll take it. At least he tries to have intelligent conversation. Speaking of trolls, we haven't been reminded how many days it's been since Tennessee beat alabama in football in the last 7 minutes.

Displaced_Vol

Hey, he's not a bandwagon bammer just here to troll so I'll take it. At least he tries to have intelligent conversation. Speaking of trolls, we haven't been reminded how many days it's been since Tennessee beat alabama in football in the last 7 minutes.

Oh totally, that was a little self deprecating humor there.

The sports source out of Knoxville talked about this topic on Sunday. They post all their segments on YouTube I'll find them and put them on here later. If you all that aren't local to east TN haven't heard of them it's a pretty good Sunday morning UT sports talk show.

Like I said in an earlier post, it's obviously changing and frankly I don't like it. What made college football great, in large part, was it was local, regional & national all at the same time. You could watch your boys play the neighboring states and it meant something. Then sometimes they'd be on a national tv broadcast. When conferences are spread 1,500 miles based solely on TV market share it loses the pageantry. I don't need NFL lite.

Spurhunter

Like I said in an earlier post, it's obviously changing and frankly I don't like it. What made college football great, in large part, was it was local, regional & national all at the same time. You could watch your boys play the neighboring states and it meant something. Then sometimes they'd be on a national tv broadcast. When conferences are spread 1,500 miles based solely on TV market share it loses the pageantry. I don't need NFL lite.
I agree 100%!

Mescalero

It's the dead zone time of year. Thought USC/UCLA joining the Big Ten was a fairly significant development or at least worthy of discussion, especially given that there's nothing else to discuss.

As for trolling. Guilty. Who isn't? But I know for a fact that I've posted more positive comments about Tennessee football, basketball, baseball, and the SEC than any of the Vols fans have posted about other teams/conferences.

What's dungeons and dragons?

Last edited:

Spurhunter

As for trolling. Guilty. Who isn't? But I know for a fact that I've posted more positive comments about Tennessee football, basketball, baseball, and the SEC than any of the Vols fans have posted about other teams/conferences.
The trolling comment wasn't aimed at you. I was referring to our resident (literally) members of Bandwagon Nation.

PillsburyDoughboy

Mescalero

Oh totally, that was a little self deprecating humor there.

The sports source out of Knoxville talked about this topic on Sunday. They post all their segments on YouTube I'll find them and put them on here later. If you all that aren't local to east TN haven't heard of them it's a pretty good Sunday morning UT sports talk show.

That bygone era you so desperately wish would return hasn't been a reality of college football since June 2, 1984 when NCAA v. Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma was decided.

Latest posts