Quick and easy duck recipe ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Soaked all the duck breasts in salt water overnight and I am fixing to put them in the freezer.

Thought about keeping one out and cook it up for myself.

Thought about doing the duck popper thing but not sure I want to do all that just for a few pieces for myself.

Any good quick ways to cook it up?

John3

Just a heads up. In my opinion, from cooking and freezing a lot of ducks, don't soak in salt water. It does draw out a lot of the blood which I suppose is what people are going for to get rid of the "gamey" taste. This draws out all of the moisture and makes them rubbery and tough. Soak them in plain water and add a cap of white vinegar. Change out the water for a day or two. It makes a huge difference in the texture of the meat in my opinion. They will be much more tender and you will have people who typically turn their noses up at ducks begging you to cook it.

TAFKAP

Or treat it like a beef steak and don't soak it at all. Rinse the meat, pat it dry, and season it with salt & pepper.

There's no reason to ever soak meat.....

And by that, I must also clarify that brining and marinating are two processes that require the submersion of meat in a liquid. This is different, however, than soaking.