Question about Dales and Deer steaks

Back Home

So I bought a bottle of the stuff for the first time a few weeks ago and haven't used it yet. What's the best way to use Dales with deer meat?

I'm not a big griller, even though I have one and should use it more. Do you guys grill after marinating it? Is that the only way?

MFBAB

That's what I do, it's really good on steaks and pork chops. I don't use it for ground though, it makes it too salty.

mike243

start with a 30 minute time on the marinating,it can be too salty,the low sodium is really good also but needs more time marinating,grilling is the best way but broiling can be good if you dont over cook them,mike243

mike243

if you have never used zesty Italian dressing for a marinade you need to try it,the longer the better,its good on beef steaks chicken ect...,mike243

TNLynn

Marinate in olive oil, honey, creole seasoning and a touch of dales for 1 to 24 hours. Grill over hot coals medium rare and enjoy. It only takes about 2-3 minutes on each side.

LeatherLungz

I don't like Dales, kinda salty and as for Allegro, makes my meat taste 'skunky' :eek:

but maybe my taste buds are scarred from too much tn corn likker

Leon

TNDeerGuy

Me personally I don't like Dale's, as it is too salty. What I do is put a fair amount of garlic powder/salt/pepper on both sides and place in fridge for an hour or so. I then put a little olive oil in pan and after pan is hot, sear each side for about 2 minutes and then throw about a tablespoon of stick butter in pan and spoon butter all over it. Have your oven pre-heated to 450, take steak out of pan and wrap in aluminum foil and put in hot oven for 6-8 minutes, depending on if you want it medium rare or medium. I promise you it will be the best piece of venison you will ever have! I got this method from a professional chef. Works great with backstrap too!

WTM

i dont marinate deer steaks. i au poivre them and make my own wine sauce, or i blacken or bronze them and make a sweet wine sauce. the recipes are on here somewhere.

cuppedup50

get some allegro and mix it bout half and half with water to dilute it a little bit........its good trust me. also the italian dressing is good with everything else so its gotta b good with deer.

Latest posts