Purchased my first suppressor

jmoreland

Well after wanting to do it forever I finally pulled the trigger. I purchased a Sig Sauer SRD 7.62 QD. Got all my photos and fingerprints done and got my paperwork done and sent in yesterday. They'll probably cash my check within a week but Ill still be waiting about 9 months. This one is really a versatile suppressor and has great reviews. I can shoot on anything .223 up to 300 win mag.

JCDEERMAN

I'd like to know more about them. How much was this one? How much does it cost to thread each barrel for it? If one can be threaded for all of your guns from .223 all the way through a 300, that's quite impressive! I may take that plunge...care to elaborate?

jmoreland

The SIG came with one 5/8x24 muzzle brake that I'll put on my 308. With it being a quick detach it uses the muzzle brake as the attachment. You just have to purchase other adapters, either a muzzle brake or a flash hider, to go on your other guns and then you just swap the suppressor back and forth. I have another 5/8x24 and a 1/2x28 on order now.

Andy S.

Congrats, I just recently purchased my first .30 cal can as well. Similar to yours, but direct thread, not QD. Are you tracking 9 months for "individual" or "trust"?

My guy told me 3-6 months for individual and 12-18 for trust. I went individual on first, because I wanted it in hand ASAP, with plans of a trust down the road to incorporate all of my suppressors under at some point.

My next purchase will be a .22 can. I can see A LOT of fun and uses with a rimfire can, that will extend way beyond hunting season.

Congrats again and best of luck going forward.

LY

An important consideration is minimum barrel length for any can you're choosing. A buddy of mine was looking at one that wasn't rated for one of his barrels.

JCDEERMAN

I really need to get educated on these. I have zero knowledge on them - may need to go to the store and get them to clear things up. I am wanting one for .17, .223 and .308. It looks like I will need two, right?.....One for the .17 and one for the .223 and .308 like jmoreland

infoman jr.

JCDEERMAN":3l31piy7 said:
I really need to get educated on these. I have zero knowledge on them - may need to go to the store and get them to clear things up. I am wanting one for .17, .223 and .308. It looks like I will need two, right?.....One for the .17 and one for the .223 and .308 like jmoreland
Yep.

JCDEERMAN

infoman jr.":2v5u7w19 said:
JCDEERMAN":2v5u7w19 said:
Yep.
Thanks!

Wiley

They're a lot of fun and serve a real good purpose in protecting hearing. I have four .22s, one .30cal for my .308, one 45ACP Osprey for a 1911 and one 45ACP for the MAC10 submachine gun. Shooting suppressed .22s is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on :)

ROVERBOY

I've never owned one or shot anything with one. Ok, here's my question how well do they work? How much do they really quieten the rifle or handgun down? I saw a video and a guy had one on a 9mm handgun and still needed ear plugs.

Latest posts