Public Land accessible by boat?

Buzzard Breath

Keep in mind that if you're going to access hunting land by water, you'll need to be intimate enough with it to be able to navigate to/from your spot in the dark. If you're using a river, it would be a good idea to understand the USGS data that can be obtained from their website.

Also, be aware that certain rivers can rise very rapidly and become unsafe, quickly.

USGS.03599500.131538.00060..20210915.20210921.log.0.p50.png

USGS.03599500.131539.00065..20210915.20210921..0..png

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Keep in mind that if you're going to access hunting land by water, you'll need to be intimate enough with it to be able to navigate to/from your spot in the dark. If you're using a river, it would be a good idea to understand the USGS data that can be obtained from their website.

Also, be aware that certain rivers can rise very rapidly and become unsafe, quickly.

View attachment 115612

View attachment 115613

Also, be prepared for slow travel in early morning fog which is often during certain times of the year. This has happened to me on the Tennessee River. The first time, I was good and familiar with travel early morning when it was dark, along with the expected travel time, but didn't account for EXTRA slow travel due to heavy fog. Probably took 3 to 4 times longer to make the run.

Shed Hunter

Yes, definitely take the last two posts advice. I can tell you, dragging a boat through the mud isn't fun-especially with a deer in it.. which might make it worth it though

catman529

Yes, definitely take the last two posts advice. I can tell you, dragging a boat through the mud isn't fun-especially with a deer in it.. which might make it worth it though
I had my canoe beached on an impoundment last year and the water dropped while I was hunting. Rather than drag it through the muck I dragged it through the woods and dropped it off a 4 foot bank into the water. Had to carry the trolling motor battery separately.

Hduke86

And the river/creek looks completely different in the dark. Don't ask me how I about broke my collarbone at 5:30 in the morning on the river cause I could've sworn I was inside the creek channel. NOPE!! The lower unit caught bottom and I went flying to the front of the bottom fast and hard. After that fiasco I just turned around and puttered back to the ramp.

Chiflyguy

What public land is open to hunting and can be accessed by a boa
What public land is open to hunting and can be accessed by a boat?

I plan on doin the same thing.
I've got access to a lot of land 5 minutes from my house in TN.

Latest posts