Public land access rig

Vermin93

fairchaser said:
If you are going to pull a trailer, you will want a motorized bike or you will be a ball of sweat by the time you reach your stand. I've got a bike and trailer set up for Ames that uses two motors front and back with a total of (5) 12 volt batteries. The rig is heavy but effective. It will haul a deer out too. The entire rig was less than $1000.

I would love to see a picture of this rig.

Scioto

fairchaser said:
If you are going to pull a trailer, you will want a motorized bike or you will be a ball of sweat by the time you reach your stand. I've got a bike and trailer set up for Ames that uses two motors front and back with a total of (5) 12 volt batteries. The rig is heavy but effective. It will haul a deer out too. The entire rig was less than $1000.

For the reason you point out, I have heard that an electric bike is best. I have also read that front drive is preferred over rear wheel, given cost and weight.

Scioto

Would depend on the applicable regulations. As I understand, you pedal the bike as normal and flip the switch when going up a steep hill, hauling game or gear, etc.

Latest posts