Poacher in Hixson 12/16/2022

RockMcL

Well, this is the excuse they tell my landowner neighbors when they emerge from my property onto theirs. It happened one time and my neighbor caught him on his property and even he questioned him he told him that he was hunting "seng" on that old man's property back behind him, and that "that old man" had given him permission to. My neighbor told him "I know that "old man" and he doesn't want ANYONE on his property, for ANYTHING"! That's when it turned real, the trespasser told him he'd walk right up his driveway next time. THAT'S why I carry all the time out there.
Guessing small minds learn big attitudes from watching the stupid TV shows. My "this is going to hurt" comes from discovering wannabe tough guys thinking either numbers or weapons will intimidate. So far no hospital trips just some crying.

MUP

Got this guy on camera this year. He's in the interior of the property, a LONG way from anywhere else and there are no trails for him to get where he's at. Only got him on one camera and only that one time. Looks to have what I think is likely a ginseng spade in his hand. Shirt tucked in and long sleeves tells me he's not too cracked out to protect himself from mosquitoes & ticks. Never seen the guy in my life and no clue who he is or where he came from. No trespassing signs didn't stop him. I chocked it up as part of owning land. It sucks but what else can I do besides share the pic with the sheriff? Sheriff just shrugs. What am I to realistically expect the sheriff to do? All can do is save the pic for future reference if needed. Hopefully it's not.

View attachment 160807
I've gotten similar pics in the interior of my property as well, at 4 A.M. on a Wednesday morning. They have nothing to do but roam and steal. I've also gotten felons carrying weapons on camera crossing my property as well. Thing was, even tho the local neighbors knew who the guy was when I showed them the pics, the pic was a quartering away shot and the officer said it would not hold up in court.

Knothead

Put up signs like this around your property!
1671311551903.jpeg

gary66

Got this guy on camera this year. He's in the interior of the property, a LONG way from anywhere else and there are no trails for him to get where he's at. Only got him on one camera and only that one time. Looks to have what I think is likely a ginseng spade in his hand. Shirt tucked in and long sleeves tells me he's not too cracked out to protect himself from mosquitoes & ticks. Never seen the guy in my life and no clue who he is or where he came from. No trespassing signs didn't stop him. I chocked it up as part of owning land. It sucks but what else can I do besides share the pic with the sheriff? Sheriff just shrugs. What am I to realistically expect the sheriff to do? All can do is save the pic for future reference if needed. Hopefully it's not.

View attachment 160807
no trails? why is the cam there?

Hduke86

The property IS posted. Wouldn't make a difference if it wasn't posted, private land is private land. Same reason you can't walk into someone's house and start going through the fridge just because there wasn't a posted sign on the front door.
How close in proximity to the public lands is this? I only ask cause you may have to post it like crazy along that side of its within walking distance of the public areas.

FLTENNHUNTER1

The property IS posted. Wouldn't make a difference if it wasn't posted, private land is private land. Same reason you can't walk into someone's house and start going through the fridge just because there wasn't a posted sign on the front door.
Funny you say that I have a sign on my front door that says if you come through this door you will be killed. In English and Spanish.

NChunt1

I was just curious to if he had to walk past posted signs or purple paint making it worse on his part I know Tennessee laws on trespassing and Hunting are a lot stricter than In North Carolina which I'm glad of, the laws read that in north Carolina if it's not properly posted people pretty much hunt until there asked to leave or it gets posted properly.

Latest posts