Poacher in Hixson 12/16/2022

UCStandSitter

Their favorite excuse on my property is ginseng. Their eyes are fully dilated as well usually.
Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

MUP

Excuse Ginseng??? Not accepting excuses on that any more. "Uh, this is going to really hurt..."
Well, this is the excuse they tell my landowner neighbors when they emerge from my property onto theirs. It happened one time and my neighbor caught him on his property and even he questioned him he told him that he was hunting "seng" on that old man's property back behind him, and that "that old man" had given him permission to. My neighbor told him "I know that "old man" and he doesn't want ANYONE on his property, for ANYTHING"! That's when it turned real, the trespasser told him he'd walk right up his driveway next time. THAT'S why I carry all the time out there.

medic

Their favorite excuse on my property is ginseng. Their eyes are fully dilated as well usually.
Ginseng hunters can get a little crazy at times. They were my biggest concern when I was on the TWRA Elk hunt a few years back. Sneak through the woods with no orange on and get pissed because I was in there hunting.

Terrier

Is the land properly posted ?
Why does the land need to be posted?
It doesn't need to be posted. If you don't have permission to be on private property in Tennessee and you step on it, you're trespassing. Signs are NOT required, but you have to personally press charges.

On the other hand, it's my understanding that if you post it "by written permission only," the cops can arrest the transgressor without your involvement and press charges without you.

killingtime 41

It use to be that property had to be properly posted. And not just at major entrances. Not sure if that's still how it is or not. Even if you called TWRA some years ago. They wouldn't do anything if it wasn't landowner permission or not.

Ski

Had a known crack head tell me he was digging "sang" down the road. Said he started before it got to hot so he was going at 3 a.m. …. Obviously trespassing

Got this guy on camera this year. He's in the interior of the property, a LONG way from anywhere else and there are no trails for him to get where he's at. Only got him on one camera and only that one time. Looks to have what I think is likely a ginseng spade in his hand. Shirt tucked in and long sleeves tells me he's not too cracked out to protect himself from mosquitoes & ticks. Never seen the guy in my life and no clue who he is or where he came from. No trespassing signs didn't stop him. I chocked it up as part of owning land. It sucks but what else can I do besides share the pic with the sheriff? Sheriff just shrugs. What am I to realistically expect the sheriff to do? All can do is save the pic for future reference if needed. Hopefully it's not.

1671298624605.png

Latest posts