Places to trout fish near Knoxville, help needed

Jon

Hey guys i'm leaving in the morning for a week in knoxville. My wife has a conference to attend and i'm wanting to do some trout fishing or anything else I can find. I prefer to wet wade and I use spinning equipment and mostly live bait. Can you guys give me any suggestions? Thanks guys, Jon

Model70Man

You can try the Little River in Townsend. It's not as cold as the Clinch wet wading. I can't stand in the Clinch for more than 5 minutes before I'm numb. The Clinch River in Clinton has a couple places to fish.

stik

RKenney said:
Little River about 30 min. from Knoxville. Good Smallie stream
also.

Little River is EXTREMELY low. we were just there today.

Model70Man said:
You can try the Little River in Townsend. It's not as cold as the Clinch wet wading. I can't stand in the Clinch for more than 5 minutes before I'm numb. The Clinch River in Clinton has a couple places to fish.

the clinch is MUCH colder than any of the mountain streams and generally has bigger fish. below cherokee dam NE of knoxville is another option though i have never been there.

deer f

The Clinch is the best in the area. Also some Gatlinburg streams but you need to check where you can fish and where you cant up there. In addition it's a little bit of a drive from knoxville but if you are planning on going all day it might be worth it.

Jon

Well I just got back from the clinch. fished hard all day at the church and only caught 3 little ones. must be an off day I didnt even see any fish except the 3 I caught. I didnt see anyone else catch anything either. oh well I guess I will try again in the morning.

Jon

stik

Jon said:
Well I just got back from the clinch. fished hard all day at the church and only caught 3 little ones. must be an off day I didnt even see any fish except the 3 I caught. I didnt see anyone else catch anything either. oh well I guess I will try again in the morning.

Jon

we've all had days like that.

Jon

Stik since its going to rain again tommorow do you think it would be worth going or just wait till wed? the water was pretty swift today and im sure the rain tonight and tommorow wll just add to it. Then again I dont know its normal.

jakeway

I'll be driving home from Asheville latter this week, and have my rod and waders in the trunk. I don't know any of the access points. Directions to a place relatively near I 40 would be appreciated.

Latest posts